The Leadership Experience through Academic Development and Service Residential Learning Community (LEADS RLC) brings together students to share in a fun and engaging exploration of leadership through service and personal development.
Members of this community will live together in Hedgpeth Hall and participate in a course exploring the principles of leadership. Through this experience, they will learn to develop individual and group leadership skills to positively impact their communities.
Join our community
The LEADS RLC is an opportunity for a select group of first-year students to live and study together learning about leadership as a purposeful, collaborative, and values-based in a supportive community creating positive change. Members of this community will work together to identify their own leadership abilities, enhance their brand and presence, and learn to think critically about leadership in action.
- Live with peers interested in the topic of leadership in Hedgpeth Hall.
- Take a specialized course on leadership. For more information about this course view the syllabus.
- Develop relationships with fellow students, a Community Mentor, and a Faculty Fellow.
- Work on a spring semester service project together to address a need in the community.
- Reflect on how their educational experience prepares them for a wise, honorable, and cultivated life in any vocation they chose.
- Excursions to high/low ropes courses to learn how to develop leadership skills among a team
- Community service projects
- Social events
- Monthly meals and semester one-on-ones with your Faculty Fellow
- Built-in study sessions for common courses among students
The LEADs Community is only open to first-year students.
- The LEADS Community is only open to first-year students
- Enroll in LEADS 100 CUFS Course
- Agree to live in Hedgpeth Hall
- Attend all programs and course classes
How to apply
- When applying for housing, you will fill out your Housing Application. This application will prompt you to express interest in an RLC, select the LEADS RLC option.
- By selecting this option, you are NOT enrolling in the LEADS RLC, simply showing interest in the community.
- Jenna Jeslis, Assistant Director of Residence Life, will contact you with an application to fill out where you will be considered for a spot in the LEADS RLC.
- You will find out if you were selected to live in an RLC by the end of May 2020.
- Once selected for the community, you will be placed into the LEADS CUFS course in place of your generic CUFS Course.
- If you have additional questions about this process or the RLC in general, please email email@example.com or call the Residence Life and Housing Office at (910) 893-1546