Counseling FAQs

Students, parents and family members are encouraged to review the answers to these frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us

Any student currently enrolled at Campbell University is eligible to see a therapist or intern free of charge. 

Students will be charged a “No Show” fee of $5 for any scheduled appointment that is missed without having called to cancel at least 12 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. Emergency situations causing late cancellation, or no show will be addressed on a case by case basis. This fee will appear on the students’ bill as a “Student Life Fee” and can be paid to the Business Office as per the Student Handbook.

Counseling does not tell you what to do, how to feel or who to be; however, counseling can assist you in clarifying goals and finding solutions to problems through careful listening, guided self-exploration, and new perspectives and information.

Any information you share with Counseling Services is confidential and separate from your academic records. Other legalities on releasing information may be discussed with the Therapist.

To schedule an appointment, please contact us.

We are unable to provide counseling or psychological advice over email.

We are located at 233 Leslie Campbell Avenue, beside Memorial Baptist Church and across the street from Luby Wood Residence Hall.

Get Directions


Counseling Services provides crisis intervention during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you are experiencing a crisis, contact Counseling Services or come to our office and make it clear that you are in crisis. Every effort will be made to respond as soon as possible.

If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts/actions or have a plan to harm yourself, from campus dial x1911 for Campus Safety immediately or from elsewhere, dial 911 or present to the nearest hospital immediately for assistance.

If you are experiencing another type of psychological emergency (emotional crisis) after our office hours, please contact Campus Safety (x1911), Residence Life staff and/or a crisis line.

If you reside off of campus, please call 911 for emergency situations.