On November 2, 2016, the Campbell University Board of Trustees adopted a new 5-year strategic plan to guide the University into 2021. The overarching goal of the strategic plan is to present a series of Aims and supporting Initiatives that are targeted at specific needs of the University to include: Academic Quality; Student Success; Extend the Influence; and Strategic Growth.
- Develop and support learning experiences that attract and retain an increasingly strong student body.
- Balance the enduring value of the liberal arts with professional preparation in the context of traditional, residential undergraduate and nontraditional student education.
- Secure gains in academic quality, student engagement, student accomplishment, and faculty development.
- Develop faculty to become better teachers and scholars.
- Improve the quality of the undergraduate student body
- Increase experiential learning opportunities
- Increase participation in study abroad and global engagement programs
- Revise the partnership between TAR UC and Campbell University with an exploration for future possibilities
- Design and implement an international admissions recruiting plan
- Establish a student research program for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Establish a program for teaching excellence
- Develop a speakers program that brings to campus noted authorities in their respective disciplines or professional fields
- Increase and improve faculty development support and funding
- Affiliate with local, state, and national organizations of prestige
- Enhance the quality of the student experience to foster harmony between body, mind, and spirit.
- Provide support for student success to improve retention, persistence, graduation rates.
- Prepare students for the world of work, service, and leadership.
- Construct a new student union facility
- Implement a comprehensive program of academic advising to include career planning
- Launch a comprehensive career development program
- Enhance academic success programs and resources
- Develop a residence life program to include living/learning communities that promotes social integration, fosters personal development, and facilitates learning
- Develop community engagement and leadership program
- Enhance support for an increasingly diverse student population
- Develop a health and wellness program stressing body, mind, and spirit with a focus on faith, food, fitness, and finances
- Strengthen the base of recruiting in North Carolina and extend into new markets.
- Expand the Campbell brand throughout the northeast, southeast, and other selected regions.
- Enhance the University’s influence in regional development through strategic partnerships.
- Achieve athletic success with integrity.
- Explore and develop opportunities to support global engagement and learning.
- Market Campbell as the private school of choice in North Carolina while expanding into new states
- Launch a comprehensive communication and marketing plan including actions specifically for Raleigh, the RTP region, and Fayetteville
- Position Campbell as a partner in regional economic and community development
- Leverage memberships and participation in civic, community, and governmental organizations and associations
- Increase the number of mission and service learning trips involving undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Develop a plan for employee development and increased workplace satisfaction
- Plan growth in enrollment.
- Develop a financial growth plan.
- Create a plan for program growth.
- Construct an advancement and fundraising plan.
- Establish strategic enrollment goals (all schools/all programs)
- Realize strategic growth in programs through continuous research, needs assessment, market analysis, assessing regularly existing programs, and conducting feasibility studies for at least three programs a year
- Increase revenue through growth in enrollment, tuition increases, new programs, prudent fiscal management, and other avenues of auxiliary income
- Develop a comprehensive plan for maintenance and expansion of technological resources for the entire campus to include all administrative and educational services
- Launch a capital campaign for advancement and fundraising
- Develop a long-term strategy for awarding federal, state, and institutional financial aid to minimize student debt and maximize enrollment
- Amplify alumni relations
- Continue campus development through the construction of new facilities to support new programming, the refurbishment and repurposing of existing facilities, and the demolition of structures no longer of service
- Develop a government relations strategy that supports the financial and policy needs of the University and select programs