Contact the Office of Financial Aid – Loans
Financial Aid Loan Team
Toll-Free: 1-800-334-4111 ext 1314
Main Phone: 1-910-893-1314
Only LOAN questions can be addressed via this email account.
To Accept Your Loan(s)
- Log in to your Student Self Service.
- If you have any trouble with your login access or password, please contact the Student Help Desk at 910-893-1208. (Please have your student ID# available.)
- The Financial Aid page in Student Self Service will display a “Student Finance” and “Financial Aid” option. Select Financial Aid.
- Within the Financial Aid menu, “My Awards” can be selected to view your financial aid award details.
- Accept or reject your loans. Loans will have a “View” arrow. Open the arrow to “Accept” or “Reject” your loan. If you would like to reduce the amount to accept, you may do so before selecting the “Accept” button.
- NOTE: Once you select “Accept” or “Reject,” you will no longer be able to make additional changes. If you need to amend your loan after submitting it, please contact our office via email.
- Students may reduce the amount of loan accepted, but you may not increase above your eligible award.
- Please allow 2-3 days for Self Service to update after you accept a loan.
If you are a first-time undergraduate Direct Loan borrower at Campbell University, you must go to the Federal Student Aid webpage and complete the following two steps.
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Complete Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Graduate Unsubsidized Loans
If you are a first-time Graduate Unsubsidized borrower at Campbell University, you must go to Federal Student Aid webpage and complete the two steps below.
Graduate Plus Loans
To determine eligibility for a Graduate Plus loan you must complete a Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request each academic year. If approved, you must also complete the Graduate Plus Master Promissory Note (first time Graduate PLUS borrowers only).
Loans must be processed for the full academic year–please accept both semesters. Loans will be disbursed in equal disbursements. Credit checks are only valid for 180 days, therefore subsequent requests may be subject to additional credit review, which can affect your credit rating. Interest accrues only on the actual amount that disburses.
NOTE: The Graduate Unsubsidized Loan is more advantageous for the borrower due to lower interest rates and processing fees.
Federal Loan Calculator
The Federal Loan Calculator will help you determine the amount of money that you will either receive from your federal loan or the amount you need to borrow before the origination fee is deducted.Download Loan Fee Calculator
An origination fee is a percentage of your loan amount charged by the lender for the processing of your loan. Federal student loans have an origination fee; therefore, the amount you may receive as a disbursement may be slightly lower than the amount you accept.
Searching for alternative or private lender information? FASTChoice is our preferred provider.