Types of Loans
Federal Parent Plus Loan
Only parents and stepparents are eligible to apply for the Parent Plus Loan. You cannot apply for the Parent PLUS Loan until May 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- Apply for a Parent Plus loan (w/parent FSA ID)
- Must apply annually, if needed – credit decision will expire after 180 days
- Loan amount request should be what is needed for the academic year
- Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN) for parent
- The school will be notified of the credit decision within 24-48 hours
Alternative Private Loan
- FASTChoice link – compare lenders, loan types, rates, and incentives.
- Select lender and complete application
- School will be notified 24-48 hours after approval
Federal Loan Calculator
The Federal Loan Calculator will help you determine the amount of money that you will either receive from your federal loan or the amount you need to borrow before the origination fee is deducted.Download Loan Fee Calculator
An origination fee is a percentage of your loan amount charged by the lender for the processing of your loan. Federal student loans have an origination fee; therefore, the amount you may receive as a disbursement may be slightly lower than the amount you accept.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid – Loans
Financial Aid Loan Team
Toll-Free: 1-800-334-4111 ext 1314
Main Phone: 1-910-893-1314
Only LOAN questions can be addressed via this email account.