General Questions

Mailing Address:
PO Box 97
Buies Creek, NC 27506

Physical Address:
McLeod Admissions & Financial Aid Center
40 T.T. Lanier Street
Buies Creek, NC 27506

Campbell University’s primary toll-free number is 1-800-334-4111.

To contact the Business Office staff, simply input the last 4 digits of their phone number to be connected.

The primary Business Office number is 910-893-1245 and our fax number is 910-893-7863.

Cost, Billing & Refunds

Cost of attendance varies depending upon the program in which you are enrolled and are subject to change each academic year. Please see Tuition & Fees for detailed information.

Students living in a standard dorm are required to purchase a full meal plan (All-Access Plan). Barker Suites, Jones Hall and Luby Wood Hall residents must purchase at least the 200 Block Meal Plan. Fraternity/Greek Housing must purchase at least the 50 Block Meal Plan.  Commuting students and those living in Stadium or Faculty Memorial apartments are not required to purchase a meal plan but may add any meal plan if they wish.

Meal plans may be changed within the first 2 weeks of each semester. Requests to change meal plans after the first 2 weeks will only be considered in extenuating circumstances. Please submit a meal plan change form electronically.

Charges are assessed and statements are mailed mid-July for the Fall and mid-November for the Spring.

Campbell University offers a monthly e-bill on your TouchNet e-commerce page. To ensure data security, the e-commerce page must be accessed through Campbell University WebAccess. The monthly e-bill is available to view and/or print at your convenience.

The Business Office does not change, adjust, remove or add charges to the bill. Most charges are automatically generated when you register for classes, receive a dorm assignment or meal plan, or at the request of other University offices, such as Campus Security, the library, or various schools. The Business Office can answer questions about your bill, payment plans, etc. We can research the origin of the charge and direct you to the appropriate office that may be able to assist you.

The Business Office will be glad to change your billing address; however, you must contact the Registrar’s Office at (910) 893-1265 to change your permanent address. It is important to update address changes immediately to ensure you receive timely communications from Campbell University. These communications include but are not limited to the federal tax form 1098T, student billing statements, financial aid award letters, etc.

Your first payment must be received in the Business Office no later than August 10 for fall semester and December 10 for spring semester. Due dates are indicated on the first mailing for each semester.

Payments can be made online via the TouchNet e-Commerce page accessible through WebAccess. Parents that have not been issued a username and password will need to be added as an authorized user by their student in order to make a one time payment. The TouchNet payment gateway accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, associated Debit Cards and e-checks. Online payments are applied to the student’s account immediately.  Monthly payment plans can be set up as an automatic recurring draft through Tuition Management Services.

If you cannot pay online, you may visit the University Cashier in person, or submit a check, money order, or certified funds via mail. The University Cashier will accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and associated Debit Card payments, as well as, cash, checks, money orders, and certified funds. For your protection, credit card information will NOT be accepted via telephone, fax, or email.

Due to the sensitive nature of data exchanged, students must access their TouchNet e-commerce page via Campbell University’s WebAccess and are required to authenticate identity with their username and password. Students may allow parents/guardians access to their TouchNet page by adding them as an authorized user.

  • Make online credit card and e-check payments that are posted to the student account immediately.

  • View real-time student account activity.

  • View/print monthly e-bills.

  • Sign-up for e-refunds. Students with credit balances on their account may opt to receive refunds electronically deposited into a checking or savings account of their choice.

  • Add authorized users to give parents/guardians access to your TouchNet account.

Students must have Bill clearance (BOAP) to attend class. If you are not paying the balance in full before the semester begins, you are required to set up a monthly draft payment plan through Tuition Management Services before your first payment is processed.  Payment plan options are listed below.

Campbell University Business Office offers three payment options.

  • Option 1: Pay in full no later than August 10 for Fall and December 10 for Spring
  • Option 2: 2 installments (No Fee) paid manually via the TouchNet Payment Center.  Fall: 1/2 on August 10 and remainder on October 10.  Spring: 1/2 on December 10 and remainder on February 10
  • Option 3: ($47.00 Service Fee) via Tuition Management Services.  Fall: 4  installments – 1/4 on August 10, September 10, October 10 and November 10 Spring: 5 installments – 1/5 on December 10, January 10, February 10, March 10 and April 10

A refund is issued if there is a negative balance after all tuition, fees, and miscellaneous charges have been processed on your student account. Refunds are only issued after pending financial aid has posted to your account AND the drop/add period has passed. To determine whether you have a credit, please visit your TouchNet account via WebAccess.

Refunds are only issued after pending financial aid has posted to your account AND the drop/add period has passed. Refunds are processed by the Business Office once a week. After processing, it will take 3 banking days for e-refunds to be reflected in your bank account. University holidays, banking holidays and inclement weather will delay deposits.

Please be careful when entering bank information in the TouchNet portal! In the event it is entered incorrectly, your bank will return the funds to the University which generally takes 5 – 10 business days. Campbell University will not reprocess a refund until the funds have been received by the University.

Federal regulations require the refund of credit balances created by Parent PLUS loans to be released to the parent borrower via check. Checks will be mailed to the address provided on the parent loan application.

Diplomas and official transcripts are not released until all charges due Campbell University are paid in full.

Scholarships & Financial Aid

The Business Office strongly encourages students and parents to contact the Financial Aid Office early to ensure all financial aid deadlines are met and all processes are finalized. Applying early for financial aid and completing necessary processes will ensure financial obligations are met in a timely manner. For more information about financial aid, please contact 1-800-334-4111 Ext. 1310 or 910-893-1310 or by email at financialaid@campbell.edu.

A third party refers to an agency such as Vocational Rehab, Military Tuition Assistance, ROTC, etc. Students receiving such benefits should contact Mrs. Laura Stanley for specific instructions at 910-893-1251 or stanleyl@campbell.edu.

If your student account reflects a negative balance after all tuition, fees, and miscellaneous charges have been processed to the account, this indicates a credit. If you have a credit you can:

  • Option 1: Enroll in e-refunds via TouchNet. For your protection, TouchNet requires username and password authentication via WebAccess. Enrolling in e-refunds authorizes the deposit of 100% of your credit balance into your specified bank account. Paper refund checks will be processed for credit balances created by a Parent PLUS loan.
  • Option 2: Transfer up to $800 in excess funds to Book Bucks on your Camel Card.
  • Option 3: Return excess loan funds to the lender. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information related to the return of loan funds to your lender.

NOTE: The Business Office strongly encourages students to talk with their parents/guardians prior to enrolling in e-refunds or transferring to the Camel Card to ensure all educational costs have been considered. Federal regulations require the refund of credit balances created by Parent PLUS loans to be released to the parent borrower in the form of a check.

Outside scholarships are not awarded by the Campbell University Financial Aid Office but by an outside agency. Most outside scholarships require students to provide the agency with a Statement of Accounts. You may make this request by contacting the Business Office at 1-800-334-4111 extension 1247 or by email at businessoffice@campbell.edu.

Outside scholarship donors should complete the outside scholarships form and mail along with the check to:

Campbell University Business Office
PO Box 97
Buies Creek, NC  27506

Books can be purchased on campus at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore. The bookstore accepts cash, VISA, and MasterCard payments. Students may complete an “Authorization to Transfer Funds” form to move excess financial aid funds from their account to their Camel Card. The Camel Card serves as a campus debit card and may be used at the bookstore for purchases. The Barnes & Noble Bookstore may be contacted at 910-893-1453.

The Business Office does not issue book vouchers; however, students with financial aid in excess of tuition, fees, and other charges may request a “Transfer of Funds” from their student account to their Camel Card.

Camel Card

The Camel Card is your student ID card which provides access to housing, meal plan, Campbell Bucks and Creek Bucks. The Camel Card can be used as a University debit card when funds are deposited on the card (Creek Buck) creating a declining balance. Funds may be deposited via the following options:

  • Deposit funds to the student’s card by visiting Blackboard Community System. All you need is the student’s name and Campbell University ID number.
  • Visit the Business Office. We accept cash, check, MasterCard, Discover and Visa. Be sure to tell the cashier you’re depositing to the Camel Card so it isn’t posted to your student account.
  • Mail a check, money order, or certified funds to the Business Office. Be sure to note “for deposit to the Camel Card” and include your student ID number on your remittance.
  • Transfer excess financial aid from the student account to the Camel Card. If you have excess financial aid (a credit balance on your student account) complete the “Authorization to Transfer Funds” form.

In order to obtain a Camel Card, a student must be an accepted applicant or registered student and present a valid picture ID. Staff members must be currently employed with Campbell University and show a valid picture ID. Valid picture ID includes valid driver’s license, state ID and passports. Camel Cards are made in the Office of Student Life located in the Wallace Student Center or Photographics located on Bolton Road during normal university business hours. Camel Cards may be made at various locations on campus during orientation, registration, and other peak periods. Students and guests will be notified of locations during these times.

Excess financial aid on your student account can be transferred to Book Bucks and loaded on your Camel/Student ID Card . To request a transfer, select the “Book Bucks Transfer” icon on the Business Office webpage. You will receive an email from the Business Office once your funds have been transferred, at which time you may purchase your books online or in person.

Campbell Bucks: Associated with meal plan purchases and are redeemable at all on-campus dining locations. These funds do not carry over from semester to semester. At the end of the semester when the meal plan terminates, any unused Campbell Bucks will be erased.

Creek Bucks: Funds  deposited on the Camel card which are redeemable at the Campbell University bookstore, vending, all on-campus dining locations as well as select off-campus establishments. Balances carry forward as long as the student is actively enrolled or employed at Campbell University.


  1. Visit the Campus Cards website.
  2. Enter your Campbell username and password, and click Sign In.
  3. Complete steps to add Creek Bucks.


Family & Friends:

  1. Visit the Campus Card website.
  2. Click “Make a guest deposit”.
  3. Enter your student’s first name, last name, and Student ID number (customer number).
  4. Complete steps to add Creek Bucks.

Creek Bucks added to your Camel Card can be used at campus facilities and a variety of local establishments such as:

Campus Facilities

Area Establishments

  • Campus Grill
  • Char Grill (Benson)
  • Creek Coffee (Lillington)
  • J.B.’s Pizzeria (Lillington)
  • Lillington Sports Zone (Lillington)
  • McDonalds  (Lillington and Dunn)
  • Mi Casita (Lillington)
  • Hibachi & Company (Lillington)
  • Pizza Inn (Dunn)
  • Subway (Buies Creek)
  • Wendy’s (Lillington and Erwin)
  • Zaxby’s (Lillington and Erwin)
  • Sweet Frog (Dunn)
  • Keith Hills Country Club

Shops & Services

  • All About You Salon
  • Coats Pharmacy
  • CVS (Lillington)

The Camel Card declining balance deposits are interchangeable through all semesters. Upon graduation or withdrawal from the University, funds will be returned to the Student Account. If the transfer of funds from the Camel Card to the Student Account creates a credit balance, a refund will be generated. Students are encouraged to verify book costs prior to depositing funds onto the Camel Card as excess funds transferred will not be returned until the student leaves Campbell University.

Cardholders must notify the Campbell University Office of Student Life if their Camel Card is lost or stolen. Their office is located in the Wallace Student Center. Students may also go to the Blackboard System and report the card lost or stolen. Upon notification, the lost or stolen card will be deactivated and a new card issued.

Liability of a Cardholder will not exceed fifty dollars ($50.00) for unauthorized transactions if the loss is reported within one (1) university business day of the actual loss. If a lost or stolen card is not reported within one (1) university business day, the Cardholder will assume liability for unauthorized transactions. Campbell University will assume no liability if the lost or stolen card is not reported within one (1) university business day of the loss or theft.

Cardholders will be charged for all replacement cards. A new card will be issued at no charge to a Cardholder if the magnetic strip will no longer work and/or if the card is older than four (4) years. If a Cardholder’s status as either a student or staff changes; or if the Cardholder’s name changes, a new card will be issued without charge. A new card will only be issued for students and staff when the change has been made effective at the appropriate office.

The following fees will apply to all cardholders with exception of provisions stated in the items above:

  • Initial Card (Undergraduate/Graduate) – No charge
  • Initial Card (Staff/Faculty) – No charge with HR Employee ID Authorization
  • Replacement (Lost/Stolen) – $15.00
  • Replacement (Damaged, with exchange of damaged ID) – $10.00
  • Change of Photo/Name (with exchange of old ID) – $10.00
  • Returned checks – $25.00
  • Fees subject to change without notice.


Payment Plan 
A method of spreading tuition payments over a number of months. The typical payment plan covers charges for tuition, room, board and fees.

Electronic commerce which provides the capability to make payments, view billing statements, enroll in a payment plan and sign up for electronic refunds. Campbell University has outsourced e-commerce with CASHNet, a PCI compliant HigherOne Company.