The Office of Student Success exists to support students as they work to fulfill their individual, academic and professional potential by providing developmentally appropriate resources. Through collaboration with faculty, staff and alumni, we work to create a supportive and challenging environment where students can develop the confidence, competence and responsibility to achieve their goals.
Career Development operates within the Office of Student Success and offers comprehensive assistance for students to develop, implement, and evaluate career and life plans through;
- Encouraging investigation of potential academic programs as they relate to specific fields.
- Providing tools for examination of career related interests and individual strengths and values.
- Hosting workshops related to career readiness, such as résumé preparation, interview skills, networking and career exploration.
- Assisting students one-on-one with résumé review, mock interviews and career counseling.
- Offering on-campus recruiting events.
- Hosting a career database designed to help students search and apply for internship and employment opportunities.
Career Development also supports alumni through résumé review services and providing access to job postings.
The Career Development Team operates under the NACE Guidelines for Professional Standards.