Transfer Student

You are considered a transfer student if you have attempted college courses following high school graduation. (Note: This does not include Dual Enrolled or Early College students.)

If you are interested in one of our degrees offered online or at extended campuses, you will want to direct your search to and apply at our Adult & Online Education website at

Our Undergraduate Transfer Admissions Office will work with you throughout the application process. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-910-893-1290 or

ApplyBrowse Degree Programs Receive more information


Campus Transfer Students

If you have attended one of Campbell University’s satellite campuses at Camp Lejeune, Fort Bragg, or Raleigh, you will need to complete an application to be considered for admission to Campbell’s main campus. All supplemental items should already be on file with our Registrar’s Office. You will not need to request these items to be sent again.

Teacher Certification-Only Candidates

Applicants are required to submit all supplemental items listed for transfer admission.

Admissions Requirements

Campbell University does not require a minimum number of hours in order to transfer.

Transfer students must be in good academic and social standing at the school from which they are transferring. A transfer student will be considered on the basis of their overall college record. Work attempted and/or completed at the two-year institutions may receive up to 64 hours of credit. Applicants from four-year institutions do not have a limit on the number of hours that will transfer. These courses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

In order to earn a bachelor’s degree from Campbell University, a student must complete the final 32 hours at Campbell, and 12 of those hours must be upper level (300-400) courses.

Required Documents

  • Application
    • If you are not a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen, you will need to visit our International Transfer admissions page in order to apply.
    • If you are interested in applying to an online degree program or a campus other than the main campus in Buies Creek, you will need to visit our extended campuses for their application process.
  • College transcript(s)
  • High school transcripts*
  • SAT or ACT score*    *Note: Not required for transfer students with 24+ hours of college credit.

Campus Transfer Requirements

  • Application
  • College transcript(s) from schools attended after your last semester of enrollment with Campbell

If it has been at least one year since an applicant’s high school graduation, we will not require the SAT or ACT score to be submitted. However, if the SAT/ACT is not submitted and the applicant is not transferring in credit that will be considered greater than or equal to our college algebra (Math 111) and or Academic Writing (ENGL101), the applicant will be required to complete our Math 110 and/or English 100 courses. The Admissions Office reserves the right to require transfer applicants who have not taken the SAT to do so. The determination will be made on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of the Admissions Office.

In addition to the above requirements, transfer students must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. For transfer students, more consideration is given to college coursework than high school grades and SAT/ACT scores.

The Admissions Office does reserve the right to waive the SAT/ACT requirement for transfer students, which happens on a case-by-case basis. In order to waive the SAT/ACT requirement, a student must be at least one year removed from his/her high school graduation date.

Note: Waiving the SAT/ACT requirement may cause students to be automatically placed in developmental math and English courses. These developmental courses can only be bypassed if required SAT/ACT scores are submitted, or a student transfers in credit that is equal to or greater than our math and English requirements. SAT/ACT scores may also result in higher scholarship awards for transfers.

  • Fall Admission Deadline: Rolling Admissions
  • Spring Admission Deadline: Rolling Admissions
  • Summer Admission Deadline: Rolling
    • Students planning to continue taking classes in the fall semester need to apply for fall admission. If accepted for fall, you just need to notify the Admissions Office that you would like to start taking summer classes. 

Transfer Credit Policy Accommodation for “PASS/FAIL” Grades Due to COVID-19

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and consistent with AACRAO recommendations, Campbell University is implementing the following undergraduate transfer credit policy for the Spring 2020 semester only:

  • Award course equivalency credit transfer courses with any P (Pass) or S (Satisfactory), or other equivalent marks earned during this time impacted AS IF the student has earned the minimum standard grade required for transfer under current policy (i.e., assumed to be a C/C- or better for undergraduates).
  • Allow any P (Pass) or S (Satisfactory), or other equivalent marks earned during this time to meet degree requirements. For example,
    • Use of the course to satisfy prerequisites and corequisites for other courses
    • Upper-division requirements
    • General education requirements
    • Courses in the major
  • Course equivalencies will not be given for coursework that receives an F (Fail) or other equivalent marks earned.
  • Students are required to provide a copy of the alternate grade scale to accompany transcripts if there is not a notation provided on the official academic transcript.

Visit our Main Campus

We welcome you to visit Campbell University! Explore our main campus, meet people, and ask questions. The community of Campbell, nestled in Buies Creek, North Carolina, will quickly feel like home. 

Schedule a Campus Visit

Financial Aid

Once accepted, and you have completed the FAFSA, you are encouraged to contact our Financial Aid Office to set up an appointment to discuss your specific financial situation. Financial Aid can be reached at or 1-910-893-1310.

Contact Us

Undergraduate Transfer Admissions Office
Main Campus