Career Services operates on the 2nd floor of the Wallace Student Center and prepares students for the world of work, service, and leadership by empowering them to select and pursue careers consistent with their values, interests, abilities, experiences, and education. Our staff works to develop the career and professional skills of students through career coaching, presentations, workshops, and web-based resources.
We offer comprehensive assistance for students to develop, implement and evaluate career and life plans by:
- Encouraging investigation of potential academic programs as they relate to specific fields.
- Providing tools for examination of career-related interests and individual strengths and values.
- Hosting workshops related to career readiness, such as résumé preparation, interview skills, networking and career exploration.
- Assisting students one-on-one with résumé review, mock interviews and career coaching.
- Offering on-campus recruiting events.
- Hosting a career database designed to help students search and apply for internship and employment opportunities.
Career Services also supports alumni through résumé review services and providing access to job postings.
The Career Services team operates under the NACE Guidelines for Professional Standards.
Services Provided to Students in College of Arts and Sciences and School of Education and Human Sciences:
- Career Closet
- Individual career coaching
- Job/Internship search strategies
- Job posting board through CUHired!
- Mock Interview
- Resume, cover letter, and curriculum vitae (CV) review