Need a Guest Lecturer for your class or program?
If you’re a Campbell University faculty, staff member, or student leader, Don’t Cancel That Class is a service provided to you by the departments within Student Success and Counseling Services.
If you need to be out of town or an unexpected situation demands your attention, let us know, and one of our professional or paraprofessional staff members will come into your class on the day of your absence and provide an hour-long, educational workshop to your students. Maybe you are a student leader interested in providing a workshop to your club or residential community. These workshops cover a variety of topics and are a great way for students to learn about important resources available to them at Campbell.
Here’s how it works:
- Browse the selection of workshops below and note the workshop you desire from the descriptions provided.
- We require a minimum of 2-weeks advance notice; same-day requests may not be fulfilled.
- If you would like any of our staff members to be a guest lecturer or to tailor their presentation to your specific class or event, please contact us at least three weeks in advance.
- All workshops are approximately one hour in length.
- When a presenter comes into your class, they will provide you with:
- List of students in attendance
- A post workshop survey of the students assessing the effectiveness of the workshop.
- All topics will be facilitated by a trained presenter who may be either an undergraduate peer educator, graduate professional or full-time professional staff member.
As you plan your year consider inviting our team to facilitate learning workshops and partner with you as you support each student’s success.Request a workshop
- Time Management for the Busy College Student: This presentation will provide students with the strategies necessary to create a productive schedule that decreases stress and promotes effective learning habits and completion of tasks. Students will learn how to prioritize tasks, while finding time to include the activities they enjoy.
- How You Learn Best: Connecting VARK to Student Success: Students will discover their VARK learning preference(s), and identify methods to incorporate their learning preference(s) for increased understanding during class and study time.
- Resume/CV Writing : This presentation provides guidance on how to create a powerful targeted resume/CV and utilize keywords effectively to enhance your job search. This workshop can be tailored to your students majors and intended industries if requested.
- Job Searching: This presentation provides guidance on how to conduct a proper job search and increase your chances of making it to the interview phase.
- Personal Branding: This presentation focuses on how to market yourself and create a personal brand online in today’s digital society.
- Adulting 101: Attend graduate school or go into the workforce? This presentation focuses on assisting students with deciding the right path after college.
- Employer Visit: Career Services can arrange for an industry professional to guest lecture.
- Lack of Focus: Students stressed out by their rigorous course loads? De-Stress for Success offers strategies to cope and thrive!
- Relationships 101: Are your relationships negatively impacting your academic performance? Unhealthy relationships, whether romantic, platonic or familial, can all interfere with various aspects of college. Learn how to recognize the problem and what you can do about it in Healthy Relationships 101.
- Why so Frustrated?: Learn practical strategies to cope with frustration more effectively.
- Too Stressed to Learn: Mindfulness is trending in school systems and work settings across the country. Learn why these strategies are making the cover of Time and how you too can benefit from this practice!
- Putting off Procrastination: Did you know we all have a procrastination style? Learn what your individual procrastination style is, how it benefits you, how it impedes you and how to break the cycle of procrastination.
- The Positive College Experience: how to avoid the common academic pitfalls related to college student alcohol use.
- Lacking Motivation: Inner voice zapping your motivation? Learn how self-compassion can help with Compassionate Mind, Productive Mind!