The Inter-Organizational Council (IOC) is a council made up of a representative of every club and organization on campus. The IOC meetings allow different clubs and organizations on campus an opportunity to share ideas and to become familiar with the activities planned. IOC also provides rewards for clubs and organizations that are active and influential in campus life. IOC representatives are encouraged to share information given at IOC meetings with their club members. IOC is chaired by the Vice President of the Student Government Association and is advised by the Director of Student Activities.
All mandatory IOC meetings are on the following days at 3pm in the Student Union Theater:
- Aug. 30
- Sept. 27* Meeting in Union Ballroom A
- Oct. 25
- Nov. 29
- Jan. 31
- Feb. 28
- Mar. 27
- Apr. 24
A representative from each club must be present in order to maintain their clubs status.
Planning Club Meetings & Events
- IOC Forms are no longer being used for status updates, meetings, events, and service projects.
- To submit a request for a meeting, event, or service project, please create an event on your organization’s Creeksync page.
- The request will go to the Student Activities Graduate Assistant, who will make the necessary arrangements and approve or deny the request.
- If your club is unfamiliar with using Creeksync, please contact the GA to setup a time to meet and go over the steps to use it.
- New this year: Clubs are no longer able to show movies with an academic exception. To show movies on campus, groups must pay for the rights to the movie. Please see the Director of Student Activities, Karen Parkes, about it.
- Club Status/Information Updates – To renew information about your club, please go to your organization’s Creeksync page and re-register the organization. This should be done at least once a year, preferably after new officers are selected for the following school year and before the end of the Spring Semester.
- Important information will be sent over the summer regarding Welcome Week, Orientation, and IOC, so it is vital to have updated information. The last IOC meeting of the semester will go over this information.
- IOC Handbook 2023_2024
- Flyer Policy 9.8