Student Union Fitness Center
Summer 2022 Hours of Operation:
- May 16 – August 19
- Closed Memorial Day (May 30) and Independence Day (July 4)
|7:00AM – 9:00AM||7:00AM – 9:00AM||7:00AM – 9:00AM||7:00AM – 9:00AM||7:00AM – 9:00AM|
|11:30AM – 1:30PM||11:30AM – 1:30PM|
|4:30PM – 7:00PM||4:30PM – 7:00PM||4:30PM – 7:00PM||4:30PM – 7:00PM|
- LOCATION: Get address and directions
Summer 2022 Hours of Operation:
- Closed for summer 2022
The Fitness Center Rules and Regulations are as follows:
- Only Campbell University Students or Faculty/ Staff are permitted to use Campus Recreation Facilities. A current Campbell University ID is required upon entering facility.
- Exception: Any spouse accompanied by Campbell University Faulty/Staff is permitted. Spouses’ driver’s license should be kept at the desk until patron checks out.
- You are allowed ONE pass to forget your ID. Afterwards, you will be denied access. You will still be asked to verify your information.
- Community Memberships (see our website for up to date information)
- Personal items, including any type of bags, jackets, and purses should be stored in a locker while working out. Keys for lockers are available at the desk for check out. Do not leave your belongings in the locker overnight. All lockers will be checked and cleaned out at the discretion of Campus Recreation.
- To ensure better hygiene and a welcoming environment, proper attire must be worn at all times in the Fitness Center. This includes:
- Clothing that fully covers the torso and mid-section (sports bras should be worn underneath shirts)
- Appropriate gym footwear such as athletic shoes must be worn at all times (no sandals, high heels, work boots, flip flops, bare feet, etc.)
- No jeans, cargo pants, dress suits, or cut-off shorts are allowed
- Non-marking court shoes (tennis shoes) are required in Carter Gym.
- No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products allowed. Sealed top water bottles are allowed.
- Talking on a cell phone is strictly prohibited in the facility. Please be respectful of other people.
- Exiting (or allowing entrance) through the emergency doors, without cause, may result in expulsion from the facility.
- Do not prop exterior doors open without proper approval from a Campus Recreation staff member.
- All non-Campus Recreation sponsored activities must have prior approval from the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation to be admitted inside the facility.
- Profanity, excessive loud and suggestive language, and sexual harassment are prohibited. Campbell University is committed to providing a working and learning environment that is free from sexual harassment and it is the policy of this University that sexual harassment in any form will not be tolerated.
- Please be courteous to others in the facility at all times. Be mindful of time using courts, or specific machines.
- Report any injury immediately a Campus Recreation staff member.
- Report any equipment problem immediately to a Campus Recreation staff member.
- Clean machines after each use by using provided sanitary wipes located throughout building.
- Ask a Campus Recreation staff member for assistance or demonstrations in machine usage.
- No outside personal training is permitted in the fitness center or on Campus Recreation property.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Any lost and found items will be given to Campus Safety at the end of each night. If identifying information is observable and apparent on item, we will attempt to contact the owner, but we are not responsible for the item.
- Safety clips are mandatory while on treadmills as well as safety belt while on Jacob’s Ladder.
- When fitness center is crowded, please limit your time on the cardiovascular machines to 30 minutes and limit your time on weight machines to 20 minutes.
- Collars are mandatory in free weight area.
- Please do not tamper with machines or items in the facility beyond their regular usage without permission from Campus Rec.
- Please do not monopolize more than one piece of equipment/barbell/set of dumbbells.
- Slamming, dropping or bouncing weights (machines or free weights) is prohibited.
- Power lifting is allowed, as long as weights are controlled on the decent. Avoid uncontrolled lifts, and use of a spotter is recommended.
- Olympic lifting is discretionarily allowed, if maintaining awareness of surroundings, and drops are controlled. Please use the weight platforms for Olympic lifts. Only attempt lifts you are familiar with or have experience with, without proper instruction and supervision.
- Return all plates, bars, dumbbells, and accessories to appropriate places after use.
- Do not remove any equipment from facility including free weights, plates, stability/medicine balls or cable accessories.
- Weight gloves and wrist straps are allowed. The use of chalk is allowed, discretionally, precluding use is minor, and any evidence of usage is cleaned up after use. We are also not responsible for providing chalk.
- Be considerate to others – do not sit and socialize on equipment.
- Policy violations will be reviewed by facility staff. Appropriate disciplinary actions, including verbal warning, removal from fitness center or weight room, restricted use of facilities, and loss of membership privileges, will be administered accordingly.
- In the event of an emergency please call: 910-893-1911 or 1911 from an on campus phone.