Use your academic discount at VarsityBuys.com to get the software you need for less.
Microsoft and Campbell University provide MS Office 365 free to current students. You must create an account using your Campbell University student email account to take part in this offer. PLEASE remember the password you create on the Microsoft site.Sign up now
Hardware Purchase Discounts
- Dell Member Purchase Program for Campbell University
- Best Price Guarantee on consumer PCs from Dell
- Up to 30% off desktops and laptops
- Discounts on thousands of electronics and accessories
- Exclusive Monthly Offers
- Free enrollment in Dell Advantage Loyalty Program (3% E-Gift Card and free 2nd Business Day shipping on all future personal purchases). Enroll at Checkout.
- Use member ID US122792864 if necessary
- GovConnection – Campbell University Store
- Lenovo – Campbell University Store
- Apple – Education Pricing
Please remember, you are not purchasing from Campbell University. We are providing this information as a service to the Campbell University community.
Suggested Specifications for Student Computers
- Operating System: Windows 10 or higher or macOS 10.15 Catalina or higher (Chromebooks are not recommended as primary computers because of compatibility issues).
- Portability: Laptops or Tablets
- Memory: minimum of 8GB RAM (16GB recommended).
- Processor Speed: minimum of Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Hard Drive/SSD: 256 GB or larger
- Wireless: any card that supports 802.11 n/ac protocols.
- Webcam/Microphone: laptops with built-in webcams/microphones recommended. Webcams are often required for online exams. External USB webcams and headsets may be used as well.
Some graduate level programs may provide computers to students. Please check with your program for specific information.
Note for School of Engineering Students: Computing requirements for students majoring in Engineering differ from those listed here. Please visit the School of Engineering for more information.
- Student Computer labs are available on campus in several locations.
All computers that use the Campbell University network are required to have an active antivirus program that is regularly updated. Learn more about anti-virus programs.
File sharing and torrent software has, in the past, interfered with official University Business and valid educational endeavors and therefore, is not allowed at any time.
- Some students choose to use Google Suite Apps in lieu of Microsoft Office. Google Drive includes a word processor, spreadsheet program, and presentation builder. These products are available through the student email interface.
- You should backup your data to an external hard drive or to the cloud on a regular basis.