If inclement weather results in changes to class schedules or residential or dining option changes, a message will be posted via the website at www.campbell.edu, Facebook, Twitter, and through our inclement weather line.
The numbers which persons may call for the announcement, are:
- On campus: Dial 5700
- Local (but not on campus): 1-910-814-5700
- Long distance: 1-800-760-8980, then dial 5700
Campus Safety Main Numbers (for non-emergencies)
Students living off campus who are concerned for their safety during a storm may request information about on-campus safe locations by calling Campus Safety.
- On-Campus: ext. 1375
- Off Campus: (910) 893-1375
- TDD (hearing impaired): (910) 893-1912
Check the weather in Buies Creek
Other Weather Alert Options
Inclement Weather Policy
Because a substantial number of students live on campus, the University policy is to remain in operation during periods of inclement weather. If such extreme and emergency situations occur so as to compromise that practice, the University will work through those situations as they develop. With safety as the primary concern, the administration will make every effort to be reasonable and responsible in its decisions. The University also recognizes that flexibility is required in extreme circumstances and, thus, all persons are encouraged to use maturity, good judgment, and professionalism in dealing with adverse weather conditions.
Multiple methods of communication help ensure timely delivery of information at all levels, so telephone, voice-mail, and e-mail should be utilized to the appropriate extent. Broad communication from the University is carried forth per the manner below outlined.
Buies Creek Campus
When a decision has been made that adverse weather conditions will affect classes at the Campbell University Buies Creek Campus, the University’s Office of Communications and Marketing uses the following system to get the information to the public:
1. The announcement will be posted on the University Web Site (www.campbell.edu) and the “e2Campus Alert System” network.
2. The announcement will be posted through social media on the University’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
3. A message is posted on a dedicated telephone line whereby anyone can call in and get the message. The numbers which employees may call, for the announcements are: on campus dial 5700; local, but not on campus, dial 910-814-5700; long distance, 1-800-760-8980.
4. Television stations will be contacted: WTVD-Durham Channel 11, WRAL-Raleigh Channel 5, WNCN Raleigh Channel 17, Time Warner Cable Raleigh.
Adult & Online Campuses
Announcements will be made through the Office of Adult and Online Education. The above will apply for adverse weather which affects classes at Fort Bragg and the RTP Center, but will be personalized for them. In addition, media in the Camp LeJeune-Jacksonville area will be notified in regard to adverse conditions forcing alterations of classes in that area.
The University may permit employees to have time off without pay at the University’s discretion if he/she is unable to report to work due to inclement weather, so long as the employee notifies his/her supervisor within 2 hours of the start of that employee’s work schedule. Non-exempt employees may charge time off for inclement weather to any unused accrued vacation days.