Parent Resources

Campbell University wants parents and families to feel supported throughout their students’ college experience. If you have a question that is not addressed here, please feel free to contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Life and Christian Mission at or 910-893-1540.

Family Discussion Guide

Family Discussion Guide



How do I deposit money/check balance on my student’s Camel Card?

Creek Bucks are funds deposited on the Camel Card and are redeemable at the Campbell University bookstore, vending, all on-campus dining locations and some off-campus dining locations.

To add Creek Bucks to a Camel Card, visit Blackboard at: You will need the student’s ID number and first and last name.

When do students sign up for classes for fall term?

New students will receive their fall schedule when they attend summer orientation. After the first semester, students will participate in pre-registration just after mid-term (mid-October for spring registration; mid-March for summer and fall registration). The registration schedule is coordinated by the Office of the Registrar and information can be found on their website.

How do I send my child a package?

Campbell University encourages students to sign up for a post office box at the local US Post Office, located adjacent to campus, for regular mail delivery. If you would like to send a package directly to campus, you can send it to:

Packages can be sent to: 

Student’s Full Name
Campbell University
Student ID Number
255 Dr. McKoy Rd, Mail Room
Buies Creek, NC 27506

What about vehicles on campus?

All students are permitted to bring vehicles to campus. Vehicles need to be registered with the Office of Campus Safety. Students should complete the vehicle registration form and pay the associated fee. They will then receive a parking sticker that indicates the locations on campus where they are permitted to park.

May I access my student’s grades online?

Students may view and print their midterm and final grades using Self Service. We encourage you to have a conversation with your student about how they will share this information. Without a student’s written consent, Campbell University cannot release a student’s records, even to parents or guardians. If your student would like to allow access of their academic records to a family member, they must complete an Authorization of Information Disclosure and file this form with the Office of the Registrar.

My student just called, panicked about the first big test. Who can help?

Students can receive tutoring for any course on campus through the Student Success office. The CU Tutoring Center offers drop-in tutoring for Math and Science courses, Sunday through Thursday evenings. Students can receive a peer tutor for all other courses. Some courses also offer group study sessions or Supplemental Instruction. The Writing Center can also assist your student with any paper for any class. Students can visit the Student Success website or email for more information.

My student is worried that she doesn’t remember what she is reading and really doesn’t know how to study. She says it’s just too hard. Who can help?

Student Success offers an academic coaching service to help students improve their academic skills. Academic Coaches work individually with students to help them learn new ways to manage their time, organize their notes, remember what they read and study smarter! Students interested in academic coaching can contact the Student Success office at for more information.

My student had an IEP or 504 plan in high school. He is worried about taking tests without his extra time but doesn’t want anyone to know about his disability. Who can help?

Students with documented disabilities can receive services similar to those available in high school. They do have more privacy rights as adults and they must register with the Student Success office to receive accommodations. Students who are injured or become ill can qualify as well. Contact Laura Rich at for more information.

My student started out sure of exactly what she wanted to major in and had her career path all laid out. Now, she’s really struggling in her major class and doesn’t know if that’s what she wants to do anymore. Who can help?

Students who may be unsure about their major and career goals may want to visit the Student Success office to complete an interest and skills inventory. These assessments can help students pair their strengths with various career fields. Interested students should contact Jessica Randall at for more information.

My student seems to be having a difficult time adjusting to life away from home. I think he would benefit from talking with someone. What resources are available for him?

Campbell University staff and faculty are accessible to students and always willing to assist students in their various transitions to and throughout college. A few key resources where you may want to direct your student are listed below.

Spiritual Life


Counseling Center


First-Year Experience