Faculty-Led Summer Programs
Campbell faculty and students travel in the summer and take 1 or 2 classes. These programs are offered on an every-other-year rotation. Programs are announced every year at the Study Abroad Fair in September.
Existing Faculty-Led Programs
- School of Business Trip (offered every year)
- British Literature in Great Britain (odd years)
- Criminal Justice in Great Britain/Holland (odd years)
- Spanish in Spain (odd years)
- Health & Service Learning in Guatemala (odd years)
- Rome & Reformation in Italy & Germany (odd years)
- Ecology & Culture in Hawaii (even years)
- Education & Social Work in Costa Rica (even years)
- History of Psychology in Europe (even years)
- Crime & the Cold War in Eastern Europe (even years)
Campbell University partners with many organizations to offer programs in over 50 countries for every discipline. Contact us and let us help find the right program for you!
These programs allow you to attend another institution while keeping your enrollment at Campbell. Living in another culture for an extended period of time allows you to learn and understand the culture. What you learn both inside and outside the classroom can’t be replicated!
Talk with your advisor about how an internship fits within your degree requirements. Then come talk with the Office of Study Abroad to begin applying to international internships.
Top 10 Reasons to Intern Abroad:
- Make your resume stand out
- Develop a global perspective
- Receive academic credit
- Learn about yourself and discover your personal brand
- Discover a new country
- Prove you can take initiative
- Expand your global network
- Gain confidence
- Improve your language skills or learn a new language
- Grow your soft skills
Service-learning and volunteering allows you to put your classroom knowledge to practical use. You will:
- See the real-world application of your learning
- Learn how other cultures work and operate
- Gain valuable experiences to bring back to the classroom
By studying abroad, you can earn credit for language courses that Campbell doesn’t offer! A language school allows your learning to go beyond the classroom, immersing you in the culture of your language.
Students have earned credit for:
Field studies program students participate in service activities to benefit and learn about their host culture and language. These programs provide the opportunity for personal growth and cultural engagement.
Independent research projects give you the resume-building knowledge of completing your own work while still enjoying the benefits of a faculty mentor and class credit. These projects allow you to tailor your program specifically to your field of study.