The Multi-Cultural Council is a standing university committee made up of faculty, staff, and students across the University.
The current charge of the Council includes:
- Encourage and facilitate unity and acceptance among the diverse student population.
- Raise the level of racial awareness and serve as a resource for University officials or issues relating to diversity.
- Plan and coordinate special activities that promote campus unity and celebrate ethnic diversity.
Multi-Cultural Council members
- Chair: Faithe Beam, Vice President for Spiritual Life
- Omar Banks, Athletics Director
- Kellie Nothstine, Dean of Campus Life
- Michael Adams, Dean’s Council
- Bernice Alston, Academic Support Services
- Rene Ibarra, College of Arts and Sciences
- Barry Jones, Divinity School
- April Lewis,
- Laura Rich, Disability Services
- Sally Thomas, College of Arts and Sciences
- Kimberly Ward, College of Arts and Sciences
- Tiffany Lowe-Payne, Medical School
- Melea Butler & Amiyah Wynn, student representatives from Student Government Association (SGA)
- Lauren McNamara-Clement, Elizabeth Sparacino, student representatives from Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Anna Hernandez & Isis Adams, student representatives from Campbell Activities Board (CAB)
- Maham Khan and Mahalia Robinson, graduate student representatives appointed by chair