Become a Note Taker for Disability Services
The Note Taker position supports a Campbell student’s learning by providing clear and accurate notes as a record of lectures or classes for learners who might have difficulties taking notes. Note Takers are hired to transcribe notes only for classes that they attend themselves and requires minimal time demands outside of class.
Note Takers are successful students who are willing to assist their Campbell peers in their pursuit of academic excellence. Please review the following information carefully:
Position: Note Taker
Time Commitment: Approx. 15 minutes per week/per class
Department: Disability Services
Reports to: Director, Disability Services
Remuneration: 1 hr per week/per every 3 credit hrs – Minimum Wage
Location: Main Campus
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
- Must be enrolled in any Campbell University program.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA (3.0 and higher preferred)
- Fast and accurate typing, legible handwriting, accurate spelling and the ability to extract all relevant information from lecture material.
- Ability to provide clear, succinct and relevant materials for students.
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational/time management skills, punctual and reliable
- Strong attention to detail.
Available positions are driven by student need. Potential candidates will be contacted by Disability Services after they have determined GPA and class enrollment standards have been met. Start dates for the position can occur at any point in the academic year.