Wiggins Memorial Library, 3rd Floor
To allow sufficient time for Writing Coaches to assist students, the last referral will be made at 9:30pm.
Before You Arrive:
- Bring any paper for any course and a trained Writing Coach will review and offer suggestions for improvement. The Writing Center is not a proofreading service, but will help you improve your writing and develop a stronger paper.
- You must bring a printed copy of your paper. Writing Coaches are not permitted to review papers on a computer. Please also bring any assignment information provided by your instructor (syllabus, handout, etc.)
- Students are encouraged to not wait until the night before a paper is due to meet with a Writing Coach for the first time as this may not provide an efficient session.
Special Fall 2017 Semester Dates to Remember:
- The Writing Center will open September 5.
- The Writing Center will be closed October 11-12 for fall break and will reopen October 15.
- The Writing Center will be closed November 21-23 for Thanksgiving and will reopen November 26.
- The Writing Center will close for the semester at the end of the December 5 session and will not be open on Reading Day or during exams.