Wiggins Memorial Library, 3rd Floor
Monday-Thursday, 6:00pm- 9:00pm
To allow sufficient time for Writing Coaches to assist students, the last referral will be made at 9:30pm.
Please note, that our Writing Center’s hours of operation follow the university’s policy for inclement weather.
Before You Arrive:
- Bring any paper for any course and a trained Writing Coach will review and offer suggestions for improvement. The Writing Center is not a proofreading service, but will help you improve your writing and develop a stronger paper.
- You must bring a printed copy of your paper. Writing Coaches are not permitted to review papers on a computer. Please also bring any assignment information provided by your instructor (syllabus, handout, etc.)
- Students are encouraged to not wait until the night before a paper is due to meet with a Writing Coach for the first time as this may not provide an efficient session.
Special Fall 2019 Semester Dates to Remember:
- The Writing Center will open September 3.
- The Writing Center will be closed October 3-6 and will reopen on October 7.
- The Writing Center will be closed on November 27-December 1 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The Writing Center closes for the semester on December 3.