Finals – Spring 2020
Finals are around the corner, take advantage of these remote final exam review session. All sessions are online via Blackboard Collaborate. Reach out to your Group Review and/or SI Leader for more details.
Final Exam Review Schedule
|Group Review Leader||Course||Day||Time|
|Katherine D.||CHEM-228||Thursday, April 23rd||5-7 p.m.|
|Caroline F.||BIOL-201||Wednesday, April 22nd||5-6 p.m.|
|Camden Little||BIOL-334||Wednesday, April 22nd||4-5 p.m.|
|Madalynn B. & Emily T.||BIOL-275||Tuesday, April 21st||5-6 p.m.|
|Caroline M.||CHEM-111||Wednesday, April 22nd||7-8 p.m.|
|Ricardo Q.||CHEM-113||Wednesday, April 22nd||5-6 p.m.|
|Kendall P.||CHEM-113||Monday, April 27th||5-6 p.m.|
|Sarah B.||CHEM-113||Sunday, April 26th||7-8 p.m.|
|Diamond E.||CHEM-113||Thursday, April 23rd||4-5 p.m.|
|Corrina H.||HIST-112||Wednesday, April 22nd||3-4 p.m.|
|Jonathan T.||HIST-112||Thursday, April 23rd||5-6 p.m.|
Tips for Success
Midterms and finals can be a stressful time. With proper planning and self-care, you can not only survive but excel. Check out these 6 Tips for Success:
- Develop summary sheets for each class.
- Create mnemonic devices, such as acrostics, rhymes or acronyms, to help you remember information. Stay healthy. Get some sleep and avoid caffeine. Seriously – your brain with thank you.
- Draw it. Create tables, diagrams, mind maps or pictures to represent and organize the information.
- Explain it aloud. Go into an empty room and pretend to teach the material to someone. Using your own words helps you assess your comprehension, which ultimately aids your memory.
- Study in a distraction-reduced environment. Turn off your cell phone, TV and email notifications.
- Manage your anxiety. By listening to calming music, stretching or breathing deeply, you can avoid stress and release negative thoughts.
Also, visit the Writing and Tutoring Centers for assistance with understanding course content. The Writing and Tutoring Centers will close for the semester at 9:00 p.m. on April 22nd. View a list of locations and hours >