The Orientation Leader (OL) position assists both the Undergraduate Admissions Office and the Department of Student Life by guiding a group of new students through the orientation program. Orientation Leaders will also assist in managing orientation event logistics, providing valuable insight on campus resources, and addressing students’ and families’ questions.
Orientation Leaders are undergraduate student leaders selected to welcome incoming students and their families to campus during summer orientation. The OL position provides Campbell students with an opportunity to serve the community, develop leadership skills, meet other passionate student leaders, and welcome the newest members of the University to the Creek.
Please review the following information carefully before applying:
Position: ORIENTATION LEADER
Time Commitment: See Training & Events Section
Department: First Year Experience
Reports to: Director, First Year Experience
Remuneration: This position is a volunteer leadership position. Orientation Leaders will receive a t-shirt and other Campbell swag, as well as receive complimentary housing and meals during the orientation training and sessions.
Location: Main Campus
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Possess a desire to create an engaged campus culture
- Have experience leading and motivating others
- Display leadership and involvement experience as well as familiarity with campus resources
- Exhibit a commitment to Campbell University and the orientation program as a whole
- Be in good judicial standing at the University
- Participate in all designated trainings and orientation sessions
- Successfully complete the written application and interview session(s)
- Skillfully multi-task and effectively work with diverse groups of individuals, including peers, students, faculty, staff and parents.
- Application – Please complete the online application form by February 8, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- Interviews – After submitting an online application, candidates will be contacted to confirm a group interview time. Group interviews will take place in mid to late February.
- Notification – Applicants will be notified of their selection status by March 1.
- Training & University Events – Training for the Orientation Leader position is mandatory. OLs are expected to participate in the following training sessions; alternate accommodations may be arranged for time conflicts with academic classes only.
- Participate in Accepted Student Day, Saturday, April 13
- Arrive on campus Monday, June 17
- OL Training Monday, June 17 – Thursday, June 20
- Orientation – June 21-22
- Arrive on campus Thursday, July 11
- Orientation July 12-13
Applications to be a 2019 Orientation Leader are due by Friday, February 8, 2019. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.APPLY NOW