Become a Front Desk Worker for Student Success
The Front Desk Worker position supports and assists with the work of Student Success, serving as the first point of contact for all visitors and students. Further, this position will also assist the department by maintaining its social media presence, developing graphic design projects and providing assistance that might enhance the student/visitor experience.
Front Desk Workers are undergraduate student leaders selected to welcome students and visitors to the office of Student Success. The position provides Campbell students with an opportunity to develop their leadership and customer service skills, as well as serve and assist their campus community. Please review the following information carefully before applying:
Position: Front Desk Worker
Time Commitment: Varies based on Student schedule
Department: Office of Student Success
Reports to: Administrative Assistant, Student Success
Remuneration: Hourly/Minimum Wage
Location: Main Campus
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
- Must be enrolled in any Campbell University program.
- Must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.5 and higher preferred)
- Ability to build and manage relationships with peers, University stakeholders, parents and students from a range of linguistic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to deliver high standards in customer service and have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of Campbell University Campus, services, processes and resources.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity of Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake and learn new tasks.
- Good team player.
Available positions will be posted on the CUHired website. After submitting an online application, chosen candidates will be contacted to confirm an interview time. Start dates for the position are, typically, early August and early January.