Become a Front Desk Worker for Student Success
Position: Front Desk Worker
Time Commitment: Varies based on student schedule
Department: Office of Student Success
Reports to: Lisa Compton, Administrative Assistant, Student Success
Remuneration: Hourly/Minimum Wage, Federal Work Study preferred
Location: Main Campus
Please review the following information carefully before applying.
The Front Desk Worker position supports and assists with the work of Student Success, serving as the first point of contact for all visitors and students. This position will support the staff of Student Success within the following departments: Academic Support Services, Career Services, Disability Services, and First-Year Experience. Student Success is open Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide customer service to all students, faculty, and staff who enter the building
- Assist with departmental projects, such as Career Fairs, the Testing Center, etc.
- Assist with basic administrative duties, i.e., making copies, organizing supplies, or gathering resources for events
- Create and promote graphics for social media relating to department events
- Answer the phone and meet caller’s needs
- Use computer, printer, and copier for communication via email, etc.
- Make deliveries across campus as needed
- Organize and manage the Career Closet
- Match students with Peer Tutors
- Meeting weekly with supervisor and student worker team
QUALIFICATIONS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Must be enrolled in any undergraduate Campbell University program.
- Must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.5 and higher preferred)
- Ability to build and manage relationships with peers, University faculty and staff, parents and students from a range of linguistic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to deliver high standards in customer service.
- Strong knowledge of Campbell University campus, services, processes, and resources.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Basic familiarity of Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake and learn new tasks.
- Good team player.
If you are interested in applying for the front desk worker position, please complete the On-Campus Student Employment Application accordingly.
Available positions will be posted on the CUHired website. After submitting an online application, chosen candidates will be contacted to confirm an interview time. Start dates for the position are, typically, early August and early January.