The purpose of the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach courses in the American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understandings of how to use the course materials, how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants’ progress. It is approximately a 30-hour class divided into sessions, including a pre-course skills assessment and final written exam.
Water Safety Instructor Cost
The cost for the Water Safety course is $225 and includes the Water Safety Instructors kit and manual. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Register early to ensure your choice of classes.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Possess a Fundamentals of Instructor Training certificate issued in the last 12 months or a current Health and Safety.
- Services instructor authorization.
- Click on the following link for the WSI class schedule: WSI 2008.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills.
- Swim the following strokes consistent with Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4:
- Front crawl – 25 yards
- Back crawl – 25 yards
- Breaststroke – 25 yards
- Elementary backstroke – 25 yards
- Sidestroke – 25 yards
- Butterfly – 15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water
- Tread water for 1 minute
If you are interested in taking the WSI course in 2019, please contact Montz Burckhardt for dates. If you have questions, please call 910-893-1353 or e-mail email@example.com.