What should I do if I am ill?

Campbell University students

The first step is to call the University Health Center at 910-893-1560 to seek health care, if you have:

  • traveled to an area within the last 14 days where the COVID-19 infection has spread (which as of Feb. 28, 2020, includes: China, Japan, South Korea, Italy or Iran), OR
  • have been in contact with someone who has confirmed coronavirus infection AND you have a fever or respiratory illness

University and Health Center officials ask if you are having any respiratory symptoms do not walk into the Health Center. Please let your first step be to call 910-893-1560 to be screened on how to best proceed.  

Stay in your room until you are able to speak to someone in the health center. 

Do not attend class or visit any dining halls, to limit exposure to others.

The Health Center has a policy in place to handle any cases that may be suspected as COVID-19. Health Center faculty and staff have put together a questionnaire to help with any questions and concerns you may have.

Please do not go to the emergency room or other clinics to be tested if you are not presenting symptoms.

Faculty and staff

  • If an employee is sick, presenting symptoms, or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, do not come to work. 
  • Staff should follow proper healthcare guidelines related to COVID-19 and consult with their direct supervisors regarding any illness or absences.

Additional Resources