Community Expectations & Policies

Face Coverings

Effective Friday, Feb. 25 at 5 p.m., the Campbell University face covering policy will change from “required” to “masks recommended, but no longer required” in indoor spaces across the University (of course, masks are highly recommended for those who are not vaccinated). This includes all University facilities such as residence halls, dining facilities, classrooms, library, athletic venues and related.
Although face coverings are not required in indoor or outdoor spaces, the Campbell Health & Safety Committee believes masks remain an effective method to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Thus, the committee encourages members of the University community to continue to wear masks in public settings.
The Health & Safety Committee recognizes that situations may arise where this policy, for the safety of certain members of the University community, may require exceptions. The Campbell Health Center will still require masks. Masks may also be required for certain educational or other activities at the approval of the Health & Safety Committee. Campbell campuses located on military bases at Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejeune will follow the mask and other requirements of those specific locations.


Event Guidelines

Social distancing limitations and limitations on capacity have been lifted. Classrooms, meetings, and events (including all athletic events) will be able to return to full capacity with no social distancing requirements.