The Fall Semester Task Force was created to work on plans, policies, protocols and procedures for the opening of classes on campus beginning with the Fall 2020 semester. The Steering Committee (Health and Safety Committee) meets twice weekly to address the many needs, concerns, requests, and other issues related to COVID-19 and the opening of school with face-to-face instruction on campus.
There are five sub-committees within the Task Force: Academics, Housing & Dining, Student Services, Business & Operations, and Health Services. Each committee is working on plans to address the specific needs in their areas of responsibility in preparation for students to return to campus this fall.
Goals & Timeline
July 1, 2020
- Implement Social Distancing and Face Covering policies.
July 15, 2020
- Communicate plans to phase employees back to work on campus including providing a return to work guide and training.
Aug. 1, 2020
- Ensure all spaces are ready for employees and students to return to campus and can support social distancing.
- Expand campus cleaning and provide sanitation stations throughout campus, including classrooms, offices, and dining facilities.
- Provide information on health and safety guidelines, including training to students.
Health & Safety Committee
|Dr. Dennis Bazemore||Student Life|
|Rev. Faithe Beam||Spiritual Life|
|Sandy P. Connolly||Business Office|
|Dean Kellie Nothstine||Campus Life|
|Dr. Nicholas Pennings||Health Center|
|Dr. Wesley Rich||Health Sciences|
|Capt. Chase Banker||Campus Safety|
|Scot Phillips||Facilities Management|
|Aaron Schnoor, SGA Executive President 2020-2021||Student Government Association|