All face–to–face main campus undergraduate instruction will pause for a two-week period, effective 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 25 and will continue until 8 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 12. The university is not closing the campus or suspending operations, but is only placing additional, temporary restrictions for social distancing. Face to face instruction will transition during this two-week period to remote and online learning platforms. Graduate and professional programs will proceed with their currently implemented instructional methods and modalities unless otherwise notified by the relevant dean.
Campbell University continues its efforts to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of the Campbell community while delivering quality instruction, and significant planning is being done to prepare for a successful fall semester. In addition to the changes to the fall academic calendar, Provost Mark Hammond announced a plan for the delivery of instruction.
Key items to note include the following:
- The University will deliver instruction in a variety of formats in Fall 2020, including combinations of traditional face-to-face, blended/hybrid/hyflex, remote, and online models. Specific delivery details will be communicated from faculty to students as we approach the beginning of school.
- To meet physical distancing guidelines, classrooms have been reconfigured and will operate at reduced capacities. Additional classroom spaces are being created across our campuses.
- Each classroom will be equipped with a Cleaning Supply Caddy, providing supplies for students and faculty to clean surfaces and shared equipment upon use.
- Students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face coverings in all University buildings and specifically in classrooms, laboratories, and studios.
- As a reminder, the academic calendar for main campus undergraduate students has been modified to remove Fall Break so that face-to-face instruction will conclude at Thanksgiving Break. After Thanksgiving, main campus undergraduate students will not return to campus. Final exams will be conducted remotely.
- Similarly, the Spring 2021 academic calendar for main campus undergraduate students has been adjusted. Classes will start a week later on January 13, 2021, and Spring Break will be eliminated. Exam dates and end of semester activities will remain as previously published.
- Students enrolled at a location other than main campus or in a graduate or professional program should refer to their individual location or program for information regarding their academic calendar and delivery of instruction plans for Fall 2020.
- School deans may communicate more specific details that are relevant to their school.
Last Updated: September 25, 2020