Campbell University continues its efforts to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of the Campbell community while delivering quality instruction, and significant planning is being done to prepare for a successful fall semester. In addition to the changes to the fall academic calendar, Provost Mark Hammond announced a plan for the delivery of instruction.
Key items to note include the following:
- The University will deliver instruction in a variety of formats in Fall 2020, including combinations of traditional face-to-face, blended/hybrid/hyflex, remote, and online models. Specific delivery details will be communicated from faculty to students as we approach the beginning of school.
- To meet physical distancing guidelines, classrooms have been reconfigured and will operate at reduced capacities. Additional classroom spaces are being created across our campuses.
- Each classroom will be equipped with a Cleaning Supply Caddy, providing supplies for students and faculty to clean surfaces and shared equipment upon use.
- Students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face coverings in all University buildings and specifically in classrooms, laboratories, and studios.
- As a reminder, the academic calendar for main campus undergraduate students has been modified to remove Fall Break so that face-to-face instruction will conclude at Thanksgiving Break. After Thanksgiving, main campus undergraduate students will not return to campus. Final exams will be conducted remotely.
- Similarly, the Spring 2021 academic calendar for main campus undergraduate students has been adjusted. Classes will start a week later on January 13, 2021, and Spring Break will be eliminated. Exam dates and end of semester activities will remain as previously published.
- Students enrolled at a location other than main campus or in a graduate or professional program should refer to their individual location or program for information regarding their academic calendar and delivery of instruction plans for Fall 2020.
- School deans may communicate more specific details that are relevant to their school.
Last Updated: July 14, 2020