Protecting the Campbell Community
For the past year and a half, the Campbell University community has worked together to face the challenges posed by a global pandemic. We successfully managed to limit the impact of COVID-19 on our campus thanks to safety guidelines, increased testing protocols and a lot of effort and sacrifice on the part of our faculty, staff and students.
And now, it’s time for us to move forward. Through the guidance of our Health and Safety Task Force, we are carefully adapting our COVID-19 response plan to help resume some normalcy for Summer and Fall 2021.
Success will depend on your continued cooperation. With a renewed sense of care and concern, we urge your continued cooperation and commitment to protect our community.
This site will offer the most up-to-date information for Campbell’s response to COVID-19. Information may be subject to change.
Things to Know
Last Updated: July 30, 2021
- COVID Testing. Campbell will require all students to show proof of full vaccination** or have tested negative for COVID-19 within 48 hours of returning to campus. (People are considered fully vaccinated: ± 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). Visit the Self-Report page to self-report your vaccine status, upload negative test results or sign up to be vaccinated.
- Summer 2021: Campus facilities such as the fitness center, library and several dining locations will be open on an amended schedule.
- Fall 2021: Campbell University is planning for normal in-person classes for the fall semester. View the academic calendar.
- Face mask usage inside university facilities is required, regardless of vaccination status, effective August 2. Face coverings are not required outdoors. View details →
- Social distancing limitations and limitations on capacity have been lifted. Classrooms, meetings, and events (including all athletic events) will be able to return to full capacity with no social distancing requirements.
- The university strongly encourages all members of our community to get the COVID-19 vaccine and to self-report to the university. This vaccine self-report form is confidential and will be used to track the overall percentage of the campus community who are either partially, or fully vaccinated. View details →
- Campbell regularly updates positive case data on our Campus Health Page.
- Move-in for first-year students will take place on Saturday, Aug. 21st. Students will receive an email from the Residence Life and Housing office for an opportunity to sign-up for a time slot for first-year move-in. Learn more about Fall 2021 Movein.
- Move-in for returning students will take place on Sunday, Aug. 22nd. Students will receive an email from the Residence Life and Housing office with more information. Learn more about Fall 2021 Movein.
- All faculty and staff are expected to return to campus workspaces by August 2.
Regular COVID-19 updates will be made available online at www.campbell.edu/coronavirus/ The return of Campbell students will also mark a “return… More on this post
Campbell University will offer the two-dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccine free to students on April 21, with the second dose available… More on this post