No longer accepting applications.
- Experience Costa Rica’s vibrant culture and history
- Gain insight into global health and medicine through guest lectures, visits and more
- Volunteer in health-related settings
- Immerse yourself in the Spanish language with 40 hours of instruction
- Develop lifelong inter-cultural skills
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape with group excursions such as a Tortuga Island pacific cruise, exploring Monteverde cloud forest, and visiting Arenál Volcano and Baldí hot springs
- Learn first-hand with educational site visits, cultural trips, and optional local trips
- Stay with a local family in homestay accommodations
Earn 4 credits abroad and 2 in the spring semester:
Students take a 2-credit spring prep course
Students earn both courses abroad:
- BIOL 460: Special Topics – Introduction to Costa Rican Health Care
- BIOL 319: Biomedical Ethics
Students may elect to take optional additional course:
- BIOL 451: Senior Seminar (1 credit hour)
Program fee: $3,500–$4,000
Includes flight, transportation, home-stays, Spanish lessons and most meals abroad.
Spring prep course tuition included in spring semester.