NCDOT to close U.S. 421 near Campbell beginning 11/23. Click here for more information.


Frequently Asked Questions:


Q. Who is eligible to see a Counselor and what are the fees for services?

A. Any undergraduate student currently enrolled at Campbell University is eligible to see a Counselor and services are free of charge.


Q. Can I be sure that my information will be kept confidential?
A. Any information you share with Counseling Services is confidential and separate from your academic records. Other legalities on releasing information may be discussed with the Counselor.


Q. How do I make an appointment?
A. To schedule an appointment, contact the Graduate Assistant [ phone number: (910) 814-5709 (x5709); office location: Avrette House on Pope Street, behind the Wallace Student Center].   We are unable to provide counseling or psychological advice over e-mail.


Q. What can therapy do for me?

A. Counseling is not telling you what to do, how to feel, or who to be. However, counseling can assist you in clarifying goals and finding solutions to problems through careful listening, guiding self-exploration, suggesting new perspectives for consideration, and providing new information.


Q. Where is Counseling Services located?
A. We are located in the Avrette House on Pope Street, behind the Wallace Student Center. 


Q. Whom do I contact in the event of a crisis or emergency?
A. Counseling Services provides crisis intervention during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday. If you are experiencing a crisis, call Counseling Services at 910-814-5709 or come to our office and make it clear that you are in crisis.  We are located in the Avrette House (on Pope Street, behind the Wallace Student Center).  Every effort will be made to respond as soon as possible. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts/actions or have a plan to harm yourself, from campus dial x1911 for Campus Safety immediately or from elsewhere, dial 911 or present to the nearest hospital immediately for assistance. If you are experiencing another type of psychological emergency (emotional crisis) after our office hours, please contact Campus Safety (x1911), Residence Life Staff, and/or contact a crisis line below. If you reside off of campus, please call 911 for emergency situations.


Counseling Services
(800) 334-4111
Ext. 5709 or 5708
[email protected] or
[email protected]

Mailing Address
Campbell University
Counseling Services
P.O. BOX 4260
Buies Creek, NC 27506

Physical Address
Campbell University
Counseling Services
Avrette House
95 Pope Street
Buies Creek, NC 27506

Featured Events

More Events »