Students, parents, faculty and staff, our vendors would like to give you an opportunity to purchase your technology needs at a discounted price. Because we use these vendors on a regular basis to purchase Campbell University’s technology equipment and software, they have offered to give you special discounts. Just click on the provided links and get ready to shop. Please remember, you are not purchasing from Campbell University, we are providing this information as a service to the Campbell University community.
Use your academic discount at VarsityBuys.com to get the software you need for less.
Currently, Microsoft and Campbell University provide MS Office free to all students while they are students. It is available here. You must create an account using your Campbell University student email account to take part. PLEASE remember the password you create on the Microsoft site.
Dell - Campbell University Store: click here - use member ID: US122792864
GovConnection - Campbell University Store: click here
Lenovo - Campbell University Store: click here
Apple - Campbell University Store: click here
Students purchasing new computers for use on campus should consider the following minimum recommendations:
|Desktop/Tower Computers||Laptop/Notebook Computers|
||All students living on campus have in-room access to the internet through the Campbell University Network (CamelNet). Private internet service is not available.|
Minimum recommendations for students who already own a computer
- You will connect to the internet through our high speed broadband connections which are installed in all University Residence Halls. You will need a network card in your computer and a CAT5 network cable. No other equipment is required. Individual internet access accounts are not permitted. Additionally, wireless is available in residence halls.
- Although most students do have a personal computer for convenience, none of the undergraduate programs at Campbell University require students to have a personal computer.
- Student Computer labs are available on campus.
- All windows-based machines are REQUIRED to have subscription-based antivirus program installed. More info.
- File sharing has, in the past, interfered with official University Business and valid educational endeavors and therefore, is not allowed at any time.
- Students should check for and clean their computers of “spyware” before attempting to logon to the Campbell network. There are several free tools available for spyware detection and removal. The best are: Spybot and Malwarebytes.
- You must install all Critical/High Priority operating system updates. Go to www.windowsupdate.com for more information. Additionally, your machine should be setup to check for updates automatically.
- Students are not allowed to have wireless routers or access points in the dorms. If a wireless access point or router is discovered in your room, your network privileges may be disabled for the remainder of the semester and the router/access point will be confiscated.
- Due to bandwidth concerns, the usage of some high bandwidth devices such as HD Streaming Video players may lead to the throttling back or limiting of bandwidth to individual students. The University Internet connection for the dorms is primarily for academic purposes and the usage of the network for nonacademic purposes will be curtailed if it begins to interfere with academic use.
- Some students choose to use Google Drive in lieu of Microsoft Office. Google Drive includes a word processor, spreadsheet program, and presentation builder. These products are available through the student email interface.
- You should backup your data to an external hard drive or to the cloud on a regular basis
Computing Services Helpdesk | Britt Hall Basement | M-F 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Phone: Local: 893-1208 | Campus - ext. 1208 | Toll-Free: 800-334-4111 ext. 1208