The security features of the student dorm network require all devices to be registered on the network. Some devices, such as the XBox, will have to be manually entered into the database by a member of the helpdesk staff. Laptop and other devices that have web browsers (IE, Firefox, etc.) do not have to do this, they can be registered by keying in the webAccess username and password when requested. To have a device registered, you will need to submit to the Helpdesk all of the following information:
Note: You must use your Campbell University email address in the form above. Forms submitted with non-Campbell email addresses will not be processed.
Also, please submit MAC address in ##:##:##:##:##:## format, where the # represents a character in the MAC address.
Finding the MAC Addresses
- Remove the GameCube's network adapter.
- The system's MAC address will be printed on the bottom of the adapter.
- Check to make sure that the network cable is unplugged.
- Open the drive and load the Network Adapter Start-Up disc.
- Follow the instructions until it begins the test on the connection.
- When the connection fails, press the Select button on the controller to view the error message.
- The MAC address will be displayed in the error message.
Alternative Instructions for the Playstation 2 (possibly limited to the PS2)
Start the system with no discs in the drive. Press the Triangle button and the Mac address will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- From the PS3 main menu screen, go to the Settings icon. Press the X button.
- Move to the System Settings icon. Press the X button.
- Scroll up or down until you see System Information. Press the X button.
- From the Wii Channel menu, select the Wii Settings icon.
- Select Internet, then go to Console Settings
- The MAC Address of the console is displayed on the first line.
- Turn on the XBox with no disc in the system OR with the drive open.
- At the XBox control panel, highlight Settings and press the A button.
- Highlight Network Settings and press the A Button.
- In the lower right corner, the MAC address will be displayed.
- Access the XBox Guide by pressing the XBox Guide button on the side of the XBox 360 controller. The Guide button is the silver button in the center of the controller that has the green X on it.
- Press the Y button the controller to enter the XBox 360 Dashboard.
- Go to the System Area of the Dashboard.
- Select Network Settings and then select Edit Settings.
- Select Additional Settings, then Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen, you'll see the heading " Wired MAC Address" . This is your MAC address.
Computing Services Helpdesk | Britt Hall Basement
Phone: Local: 893-1208 | Campus - ext. 1208 | Toll-Free: 800-334-4111 ext. 1208