Below are answers to many of the most frequently asked questions.

What is the Business Office Address?

The Campbell University Business Office mailing address is PO Box 97, Buies Creek, NC 27506. The physical address is J. A. Campbell Administrative Building, Room 106, 143 Main Street, Buies Creek, NC 27506.

Do you have a primary phone, toll free, and fax number?

Campbell University’s primary toll-free number is 1-800-334-4111. To contact the Business Office staff, simply input the last 4 digits of their phone number to be connected. The primary Business Office number is 910-893-1245, and our fax number is 910-893-7863.

When will I be billed?

Fall Statement of Accounts will be mailed mid July 2016, and spring Statement of Accounts will be mailed in mid November, 2016.

I can’t find my Statement of Accounts, how do I request a reprint?

Campbell University offers a monthly e-bill which can be found on your TouchNet e-commerce page.  To ensure data security, the e-commerce page must be accessed through CU WebAccess.  The monthly e-bill is available to view and/or print at your convenience. 

Should you need assistance with your Statement of Accounts, the Business Office will gladly provide one at your request. Just give us a call at 1-800-334-4111, extension 1245, or you may send your request to [email protected]. Your Statement of Accounts can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to you. When requesting information from the Business Office staff, you will be required to provide the Accountholder Number which is also the CU Student ID.

What do I do if my bill is wrong?

The Business Office does not change, adjust, remove or add charges to the bill. Most charges are automatically generated when you register for classes, receive a dorm assignment or meal plan, or at the request of other university offices, such as Campus Security, the library, or various schools. The Business Office can answer questions about your bill, payment plans, etc. We can research the origination of the charge and direct you to the appropriate office that may be able to assist you.

How do I change my address?

The Business Office will be glad to change your billing address; however, you must contact the Registrar’s Office to change your permanent address. It is important to update address changes immediately, to ensure you receive timely communications from Campbell University. These communications include but are not limited to the federal tax form 1098T, student billing statements, financial aid award letters, etc.

When is my first payment due?

Your first payment must be received in the Business Office no later than August 10, 2016 for fall semester and December 10, 2016 for spring semester. Due dates are indicated on the first mailing for each semester.

How can I pay my bill?

For your convenience, the Campbell University Business Office offers an online payment option via the TouchNet e-Commerce page which is accessible via WebAccess.  Parents that have not been issued a username and password will need to be added as an authorized user by their student in order to make a payment or set up a payment plan. The TouchNet payment gateway accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, associated Debit Cards and e-checks. Payments made online are updated to the students account immediately.

If you cannot pay online, you may visit the University Cashier in person, or submit a check, money order, or certified funds via mail. The University Cashier will accept VISA, MasterCard, and associated Debit Card payments, as well as, cash, checks, money orders, and certified funds. For your protection, credit card information will not be accepted via telephone, fax, or email.

What about e-commerce?

 Campbell University has partnered with TouchNet to offer online electronic commerce options to our students and parents. 

How do I access e-commerce?

Due to the sensitive nature of data exchanged, e-commerce options require students to access their e-commerce page via Campbell University’s Web Access where students are required to authenticate their identity via the use of a username and password specific to them.  Students may allow parent access to their e-commerce page by logging onto Web Access and selecting the “TouchNet Sign-In” option.  Visit our website for detailed information. 

What e-commerce options are available?

  • E-payments allow you to make online credit card and e-check payments.  Payments are posted immediately to the student account.
  • E-bills are processed monthly and placed on the student’s e-commerce page.  Students will receive an email reminder to view their e-bill.  E-payment plans are available via the student’s e-commerce page.  The payment plan allows the opportunity to establish a monthly payment plan for a small fee.  Payments made via the TouchNet payment plan option are posted immediately to the student account.
  • E-refunding is mandatory effective fall 2011.  Students with credit balances on their account may opt into e-refunding and have refunds electronically deposited into a checking or savings account of their choice. 

Can I pay in installments?

Students must have business office approval to attend class.  If you are not paying in full before the semester begins, you are required to set up a payment plan in the TouchNet portal before your first payment is processed on August 10th.  If the parent wishes to set up the payment plan, their student must first add them as an authorized user in TouchNet. Payment plan options are listed below.  

Campbell University Business Office offers three payment options.

  • Option 1:  You may pay in full no later than August 10, 2016 for fall semester, and December 10, 2016 for spring semester.
  • Option 2:  2 installments (No Fee) - 1/2 on August 10, 2016 and 1/2 on October 10, 2016 for fall semester. Spring semester payments will be 1/2 on December 10, 2016 and the remainder on February 10, 2017.
  • Option 3:  4 installments ($50.00 Service Fee) - 1/4 on August 10, September 10, October 10 and November 10, 2016.    

What do I do if all or part of my cost will be paid by a third party or agency?

A third party agency refers to an agency such as Vocational Rehab, Military Tuition Assistance, ROTC, etc. Students receiving such benefits should contact Mrs. Laura Stanley for specific instruction. Mrs. Stanley may be contacted at 910-893-1251 or [email protected] .

What about books?

Books cost approximately $600 - $1,000 per semester. Books can be purchased at the campus Barnes & Noble Bookstore; the bookstore accepts cash, VISA, and MasterCard. Students awarded financial aid in excess of cost of attendance may complete an “Authorization to Transfer Funds from Student Account to Camel Card”. The Camel Card serves as a campus debit card and may be used at the bookstore for purchases. The Barnes & Noble Bookstore may be contacted at 910-893-1453. The Bookstore Manager is Nick McKay.

What about Financial Aid?

The Business Office strongly encourages students and parents to contact the Financial Aid Office early to ensure all financial aid deadlines are met, and all processes are finalized. Applying early for financial aid and completing necessary processes will ensure financial obligations are met in a timely manner. For more information about financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-800-334-4111 Extension 1310.

What are my options for excess financial aid posted to my student account?

  • Excess financial aid awards are identified when your student account reflects a credit balance after all tuition, fees, and miscellaneous charges have been processed to the account. There are several options for addressing a credit balance on your student account.
    • Option 1: Enroll in e-refunding via the TouchNet e-commerce portal.  For your protection, TouchNet required username and password authentication via web access.  Enrollment in e-refunding authorizes the deposit of 100% of your credit balance into the bank account you have provided.  Effective fall 2011, paper refund checks will only be processed for credit balances created by the Parent PLUS loan.
    • Option 2:  Transfer all or a portion of the excess funds to your Camel Card. (Keep reading for more information on the Camel Card).
    • Option 3:  Return excess loan funds to the lender.  Please contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information related to the return of loan funds to your lender.

NOTE:  The Business Office strongly encourages students to talk with their parents or guardians prior to enrollment into e-refunding or transfer to Camel Card to ensure all educational costs have been considered.  Federal regulations require the release of credit balances created by Parent PLUS loans to be released to the parent.  A check will be addressed and mailed to the borrower the parent loan.  The Business Office reserves the right to contact the parent regarding the the "Authorization to Release Parent PLUS Loan to Student".  The form is available in the forms section of the Business Office website.

What about my outside scholarship?

Congratulations on receiving your outside scholarship. This scholarship was not awarded by the Campbell University Financial Aid Office but an outside agency. Most outside scholarships require students to provide the agency with a Statement of Accounts. You may make this request by contacting the Business Office at 1-800-334-4111 extension 1247 or by email at [email protected].  Outside scholarship donors should complete the outside scholarship form here and mail along with the check to Campbell University Business Office, PO Box 97, Buies Creek, NC  27506.

What is a refund and how do I know if I’m entitled to receive a refund?

A refund is a Campbell University direct deposit of excess funds on the student account. Refunds are only issued after all tuition and fees have been assessed to the student account and the drop/add period has passed. Students entitled to a refund will have a credit balance on their student account. To check your account balance, please visit Web Access/Account Information on the Campbell University Website.

How do I request a refund?

 In order to receive a refund, students must enroll in e-refunding via the TouchNet portal.  Enrollment into e-refunding authorizes the Business Office to deposit 100% of the credit balance into the bank account you have designated in TouchNet.  Federal regulations require the release of credit balances created by Parent PLUS loans to be released to the parent.  A check will be addressed and mailed to the borrower the parent loan.

When can I expect my refund ?

E-refunds are processed by the Business Office once a week.  The e-refund file is sent to CU's bank at 5:00 pm on the day the e-refund is processed.  It will take 3 banking days for refunds to be reflected in your bank account.  University holidays, banking holidays and inclement weather will delay deposits. 

Please be careful when entering banking information into the TouchNet portal!  In the event a banking information is entered into TouchNet incorrectly, your bank will return the funds to the University which generally takes 5 - 10 business days.  Campbell University will not reprocess a refund until the funds have been received by the University. 

What if my refund comes from a Parent Loan?

Federal regulations require the release of credit balances created by Parent PLUS loans to be released to the parent.  A check will be addressed and mailed to the borrower the parent.    

If I still owe money, how do I get my transcript/diploma?

Diplomas and official transcripts of records are not released until all charges due Campbell University are paid in full.

Can I receive a book voucher?

The Business Office does not issue book vouchers; however, students with financial aid in excess of tuition, fees, and other charges may request a " Transfer of Funds" from their student account to their Camel Card.

How do I request a " Transfer of Funds" to my Camel Card for books?

Campbell University has installed the Blackboard Debit Card system that has alleviated paper book vouchers. Excess financial aid on your student account can be transferred to your Camel Card, also known as your Student ID Card. To request a transfer click on the tab "Forms" and complete the Authorization to Transfer Funds form.  The form can be emailed to the Business Office at [email protected].  You will receive an email from the Business Office once your funds have been transferred, at which time, you may purchase your books online or in person.

What is the Camel Card, and how does it work?

The Camel Card is your student ID card which provides access to housing, meal plan and Campbell Buck redemption, as well as, serves as a University debit card. The Camel Card can be used as a University debit card when funds are deposited on the card creating a declining balance. Funds may be deposited via the following options:

  • Blackboard Community System. Parents, students, friends, etc can deposit funds to the student’s card by visiting this site. All you need is the students name and Campbell University ID number located on the back of the card.
  • Visit the Business Office. We accept cash, check, MasterCard, and Visa. Be sure to tell the cashier you’re depositing to the Camel Card, so she doesn’t post it to your student account.
  • Mail a check, money order, or certified funds to the Business Office. Be sure to note " for deposit to the Camel Card" on your remittance.
  • Transfer of Excess Financial Aid from Student Account to the Camel Card. If you have excess financial aid i.e. a credit balance on your student account. Simply complete the “Authorization to Transfer Funds” form located on the website, or visit the Business Office to make the request.

Where can I use my Camel Card for declining balance purchases?

The Camel Card (Creek Bucks) can be used at campus facilities, such as the CU Bookstore, Marshbanks and Shouse Cafeteria, The Oasis, The Groc, Chic-Fil-A, Moe's Southwest Grill, Papa Johns, Starbucks, Jole Mole, Pizza Inn in Dunn, Subway in Buies Creek, Zaxby's in Lillington and Erwin, Creek Coffee, Mi Casita in Lillington, Lillington Sports Zone, CVS in Lillington, Char Grill in Benson, All About Your Hair, Campus Grill, Coats Pharmacy, Campus Pizza, McDonalds in Lillington, Wendy's in Lillington and Erwin, designated vending machines, designated copiers, and food purchases at sporting events held in the John W. Pope Convocation Center and the Barker-Lane Stadium.

How do I get a Camel Card?

In order to obtain a Camel Card, a student must be an accepted applicant or registered student and present a valid picture identification. Staff members must be currently employed with Campbell University and show a valid picture identification. Valid picture identification includes valid driver’s license, state identification cards, and passports.  Camel Cards are made in the Office of Student Life located in the Wallace Student Center or Photographic located on Bolton Road during normal university business hours. However, Camel Cards will be made at various locations on campus during orientation, registration, and other peak periods. Students and guests will be notified of these locations during these times.

What will my Camel Card look like?

Each Camel Card will include a photograph which clearly shows the entire face of the cardholder. No Cardholder who is wearing a hat, head covering, or dark glasses is allowed to be photographed for the purpose of the Camel Card. Campbell University reserves the right to make exceptions to this rule in order to accommodate a Cardholder’s religious practices or medical condition. Campbell University has the right to determine, in its sole discretion, if a photograph meets the above standard and to require the Cardholder to be photographed again in order to meet this standard.

What if I don’t use all the funds deposited on my Camel Card?

The Camel Card declining balance deposits are interchangeable through all semesters; however, the Business Office will automatically transfer all unused funds from the Camel Cards to the Student Accounts in late April of each year to allow for system reconciliation and to ensure all graduating seniors are reimbursed any unused portion. If the transfer of funds from the Camel Card to the Student Account creates a credit balance on the Student Account; the student may request a refund. Students are encouraged to verify book costs prior to depositing funds onto the Camel Card. Exceptions will be considered for students withdrawing from the University.

What is the difference in Camel Card “Campbell Bucks” and “Creek Bucks”?

There are two types of Camel Card stored value funds.

Campbell Bucks: Are associated with meal plan purchases and are redeemable at all on-campus dining locations. These funds are not cumulative from semester to semester; it’s “use or lose” for each semester.

Creek Bucks: Are created when funds are deposited on the card and are redeemable at the Campbell University bookstore, vending, and all on-campus dining locations. Balances carry forward as long as actively enrolled or employed at Campbell University.

What if my Camel Card is lost or stolen?

Cardholder’s must notify the Campbell University Office of Student Life if their Camel Card is lost or stolen. Their office is located in the Wallace Student Center. Students may also go to the Blackboard System and report the card lost or stolen. Cardholder’s must report the loss within one (1) university business day of the loss. Upon notification, the lost or stolen card will be deactivated and a new card issued.

Liability of a Cardholder will not exceed fifty dollars ($50.00) for unauthorized transactions if the loss is reported within one (1) university business day of the actual loss. If a lost or stole card is not reported within one (1) university business day, the Cardholder will assume liability for unauthorized transactions. Campbell University will have no liability if the lost or stolen card is not reported within one (1) university business day of the loss or theft.

What does the Camel Card cost? (Card Replacement, Fees, and Miscellaneous Charges)

Cardholder’s will be charged for all replacement cards. A new card will be issued at no charge to a Cardholder if the magnetic strip will no longer work and/or if the card is older than four (4) years.If a Cardholder’s status as either a student or staff changes; or if the Cardholder’s name changes, a new card will be issued without charge. A new card will only be issued for students and staff when the change has been made effective at the appropriate office.

The following fees will apply to all cardholders with exception of provisions stated in the items above:

  • Initial Card (Undergraduate) - No charge
  • Initial Card (Graduate) – No charge
  • Initial Card (Staff/Faculty) - No charge with HR Employee ID Authorization
  • Replacement (Lost/Stolen) - $15.00
  • Replacement (Damaged, with exchange of damaged ID) - $10.00
  • Change of Photo/Name (with exchange of old ID) - $10.00
  • Returned checks - $25.00
  • Fees subject to change without notice.