We asked our social media followers and people around campus to name the things that Campbell students should do at least once before they graduate. Here’s a list of what they said. See how many you have done -- and what else you have left to do. A tip: You can cross off a good many of these during Welcome Week.
1. Take a selfie with Gaylord.
2. Join a student club, group, or organization.
3. Attend a career or professional fair.
4. Complete an internship.
5. Be in the Homecoming parade.
6. Play mud volleyball.
7. Eat cereal for dinner at Marshbanks.
8. Ride a camel.
9. Get a photo of yourself sitting on the camel statue.
@campbelledu take at least one picture with Gaylord in front of Gore (I recommend several pictures every year however)— Samuel G. Savage (@TheSavageGlory) August 13, 2014
10. Make lifelong friends.
11. Attend at least one sporting event for the all the Fighting Camels athletic teams.
12. Start exams with Midnight Breakfast (and get a free T-shirt).
13. Attend at least one CAB event, as well as its spring concert.
14. Go on a CAB trip.
15. Attend a tailgate before a football game.
16. Run with the camels, in the Running of the Camels 5K.
17. Get involved with the Student Government Association, whether by running for office, attending a meeting, or voting for your representatives.
Executive Board has had a great time planning for next year at our retreat! pic.twitter.com/tYrPNxzvHZ— Campbell Univ. SGA (@Campbell_SGA) May 1, 2014
18. Attend the SGA's Christmas tree lighting ceremony on the Academic Circle.
19. Compete in the cardboard boat race.
20. Join an intramural or club sports team.
Always wanted to be a pirate?! Sign up for intramural battleship today! Check out last year's competition here: http://t.co/rv1NQVesjO— CU Campus Recreation (@CUCampusRec) March 12, 2014
21. Get involved in student media, which include The Campbell Times, the Lyricist, and the Pine Burr yearbook.
22. Attend the New Student Convocation, receive your medallion, and keep it as a keepsake.
23. Take a picture sitting on the wall bearing “Campbell University” on Leslie Campbell Avenue.
24. Purchase a class ring and attend the Ring Ceremony.
25. Attend a campus worship service on a Sunday evening.
26. Make a wish at one of the fountains on campus.
27. Play a game of FootGolf -- or even traditional golf -- at our Keith Hills Golf Club.
28. Play a round of disc golf on our disc golf course.
29. Fill up a bag with free items from the Street Fair.
30. Study abroad for a semester or during the summer.
31. Volunteer on campus or in the surrounding community, and participate in the university-wide days of service.
32. Be featured on Campbell.edu or on one of the banners around campus.
New life goal: be on one of the @campbelledu banners.— Sarah Roberson (@sarah_roberson1) August 10, 2014
33. Support local businesses and organizations. To suggest a few:
34. Get a job on campus, like with the student call team or with the tutoring center.
35. Participate in a mission trip.
36. Go to class. And study. And graduate. Make the most of it.
Photos by Jordan Gum, Haven Hottel, Billy Liggett, Bill Parish, and Bennett Scarborough.