9/11 Day of Service
I. Will. Remember.
The 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance was established in order to pay tribute to the lives that were lost and injured on this tragic day. The purpose of this day is to allow people to put aside their differences and reestablish a sense of unity and compassion in dedication to the victims and those who gave assistance on 9/11. Even though 9/11 was a tragic day, 9/11 National Day of Service represents the goodness and compassion that exists in every human being. Every year, Campbell University participates in 9/11 National Day of Service in order to help reestablish a sense of unity and compassion. The University's students, faculty, and staff body volunteer their time in order pay a tribute to the victims of 9/11 and those who served on the day of the attacks.
On September 11th from 3:30p.m.-5:30p.m., Campbell University will be serving the following community partners in tribute to the victims of 9/11:
- Baptist Fellowship of Angier: helping with indoor and outdoor games, crafts, reading, and registration for the fall after-school tutoring program.
- Buies Creek Fire Department: helping with day to day cleaning, check offs, and other special projects.
- Buies Creek First Baptist Church: landscaper work around the church.
- Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center: blood drive will be taking place in the Rumley Center from 10:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
- CU Community Garden: help with re-preping the garden for fall planting which includes weed eating, restructuring the garden fence, collecting harvest, and planting new fruits.
- Memorial Baptist Church: working to clean the newly renovated Fellowship hall as well as moving materials into a new location.
How can you participate?
Sign-ups for the individual projects will be taking place from August 19th- September 3rd. You can sign-up by clicking here or by registering at the info desk in Student Center. If you are interested in serving on this day and would like more information, please contact Trent Matthews.
If you would like to donate blood on this day, Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center will be conducting a blood drive in the Rumley Center from 10:00a.m.-3:00p.m. Please sign-up for a time to donate blood by clicking here.