Charitable Gift Annuities
This is a gift plan that truly “gives back” to the donor for the rest of his or her life. You contribute property to Campbell, and in return Campbell delivers to you an annuity contract – a written promise guaranteed by the Campbell Endowment – to pay you a cash annuity at a handsome fixed rate, determined by your age, for the rest of your natural life!
Features of this gift plan include:
- Income for life – a fixed payment at excellent rates, payable monthly, quarterly, or annually, and paid to you for the rest of your natural life, no matter how long you live.
- One or two beneficiaries – a gift annuity can be paid to one or two donors, such as just you, or just your spouse, or you and your spouse, or you and your child, and so on.
- Control – you can specify in the annuity contract how your contribution is to be used at the end of the annuity term.
- Income tax savings – you receive a sizeable income tax charitable deduction which you can use in the year you make your contribution, and for five more years until it’s used up.
- No reduction for capital gains tax – as a tax-exempt organization, Campbell will pay no capital gains tax if the assets gifted are sold, so the assets you use to purchase your annuity are valued at full market value.
- Tax-favored payments – a portion of your annuity payment will be completely income tax-free.
- Funding options – you can contribute cash, stocks, bonds, or mutual funds having a value of $15,000 or more, in exchange for a gift annuity contract.
Let us mail or email you our Campbell Planned Giving Tools flyer entitled “What is a Charitable Gift Annuity?”