New Hire Process
For University Hiring Managers
Please follow the guidelines below to process all new employees. For specific questions regarding new employee setup, the points of contact for each type of new hire are below.
For Staff & Faculty hiring information, contact Amy Emory in Human Resources (Amy Emory or 910-893-1699).
All New Employees: Staff, Faculty, Adjunct, GA, and Part-time:
- 1) A background check must be completed on new employees, the department will submit an email to HR@Campmbell.edu with the following information:
- Candidate’s full name
- Position offered, to include if full-time, part-time, adjunct or GA
- Candidate’s email address
** At this time an offer letter should be generated through Taleo for approval and signed by the candidate.
- 2) Once the background check is clear, HR will contact the department. For Staff: The department will then complete the “Notice of Employment” online form. For Faculty: the department should compose a faculty contract and send to human resources.
- 3) The department should have the candidate call HR at 910-893-1699 to set up an appointment for HR, payroll, and if full-time, benefits processing. The candidate must bring in two current forms of ID to complete the I-9 form. *Please click here to see what is acceptable. **Section one of the I-9 must be signed by the start date. The second section must be done by HR within three days of hire.**
- 4) The Department then submits the “create-an-account” form to Computing Services to establish computer login, email address, Blackboard access, etc. and sends a requisition to Facilities Management to create building keys and update the phone system.
For Institutional hiring information, contact Bridget Pope in Payroll (firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-893-1447).
- The Hiring Department completes the Institutional contract with the department head’s signature.
- The student brings the signed contract along with his/her driver’s license and social security card,or other acceptable documents, to Human Resources to complete an I-9. These documents must be actual documents, not photocopies or scanned copies, and cannot be expired. The student will also fill out tax forms and direct deposit forms, they will need a voided check, or bank information.
Federal Work Study Employees
For Federal Work Study Information, contact Tonnette Sears in Financial Aid (email@example.com or 910-893-1304).
- Once the student has received the contract from Financial Aid, they need to obtain a signature from the department head.
- The student then brings the signed contract along with his/her driver’s license and social security card, or other acceptable documents, to Human Resources to complete an I-9. These documents must be actual documents, not photocopies or scanned copies, and cannot be expired. The student will also fill out tax forms and direct deposit forms, they will need a voided check, or bank information..
- Finally, the student must return the contract with all the required signatures to the Financial Aid Office.