Faith, Learning, and Service
Campbell University began in 1887 as a small academy in Buies Creek, North Carolina. Since then, Buies Creek Academy has evolved to become Campbell Junior College (1926), Campbell College (1961), and Campbell University (1979). Campbell University has been associated with the military since 1976 and involved in online offerings since 1999.
In addition to its main campus in Buies Creek and online programs, Campbell University has extended campuses in the Research Triangle Park, Camp Lejeune, New River, Fort Bragg/Pope Air Force Base, Raleigh (law school), and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
Today, Campbell University enrolls approximately 6,200 students, including 4,800 undergraduate and graduate students on its main campus and 1,400 undergraduate students on the University's extended campuses. Our students are studying across nearly 100 disciplines in the liberal arts, health sciences, and professions -- and continuing the university’s tradition of excellence in faith, learning, and service.
Now, no matter your location, Campbell University can accompany you in your journey to complete your education. No matter where you are, we're already there, ready to take the next step with you.
Quality You Can Trust
The Campbell University at RTP has operated in the Raleigh area for over 18 years. We are located at 808 Aviation Parkway, Morrisville, NC, three miles east of the RDU airport. The RTP Campus is one of four geographical extended campuses and is conveniently located near Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill. The campus is led by Ms. Sandy Gareton.
Campbell University: At a Glance
- Year of founding: 1887
- Undergraduate enrollment on main campus: 3,000
- Graduate and Professional enrollment : 1,800
- Extended campuses enrollment: 1,400
- Total enrollment: 6,200
- Student to faculty ratio: 19 to 1
- Fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters, Education Specialist, and Doctorate degrees
Please note: Enrollment numbers are approximations.
Campbell is home to . . .
- The only osteopathic medical school in North Carolina
- A top-tier law school that produces graduates who’ve been top performers on the N.C. Bar exam for 26 straight years
- The only trust and wealth management undergraduate program in the U.S.
- The first four-year undergraduate degree in homeland security in N.C.
- The first dual physician assistant/public health degree in N.C.
- One of only 19 PGA Golf Management University Programs in the nation
- Joint J.D./MPA or J.D./MBA program with N.C. State University
- More than a 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and professions for students
Campbell University has been served by only four presidents:
James Archibald Campbell 1887-1934
Leslie Hartwell Campbell 1934-1967
Norman Adrian Wiggins 1967-2003
Jerry McLain Wallace 2003-present