- The 2014 commencement speaker will be Paul Bush, Chief Pharmacy Officer for Duke University Hospital.
- Tickets to graduation are not distributed and there is no limit to the number of guests that graduates may invite.
Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Wheelchair seating is available in the convocation center. Strollers are not permitted.
Parking will be available behind the convocation center. Do not park in private lots or you will be subject to towing.
Golf carts will be available for shuttle service both before and after the ceremony.
A “Crying Room” with closed-circuit television will be available.
On behalf of the graduates, the College respectfully requests those in attendance to refrain from outbursts of applause and cheer as a graduate’s name is called. Families and loved ones are asked to stand for recognition when each of their graduate’s name is called. We will provide an opportunity for celebration after all graduates have walked across the stage.
Photography – Due to safety concerns, the University will not allow guests in the aisle or the floor area for photographs. A professional photographer is hired by the University to take a photo of every student as they receive their degree, which will be available for purchase.
Photos & Alumni Association
- Individual photos - Purchase link will be available closer to graduation; graduates need to provide their name and school to order photo.
- Join the Alumni Association
- Please join the Alumni Association for a graduation brunch at 10:00 a.m. in Saylor Park - register here.