- Information regarding graduation is updated continuously throughout the Spring semester. Please check back frequently for updates.
- Tickets to graduation are not distributed and there is no limit to the number of guests that graduates may invite.
Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Wheelchair seating is available in the convocation center. Strollers are not permitted.
Parking will be available behind the convocation center. Do not park in private lots or you will be subject to towing.
Golf carts will be available for shuttle service both before and after the ceremony.
A “Crying Room” with closed-circuit television will be available for young children.
On behalf of the graduates, the College respectfully requests those in attendance to refrain from outbursts of applause and cheer as a graduate’s name is called. Families and loved ones are asked to stand for recognition when each of their graduate’s name is called. We will provide an opportunity for celebration after all graduates have walked across the stage.
Photography – Due to safety concerns, the University will not allow guests in the aisle or the floor area for photographs. A professional photographer is hired by the University to take a photo of every student as they receive their degree, which will be available for purchase.
Cap and Gown
All graduation invitations and academic regalia (caps, gowns and hood (if applicable) are available for purchase through the Barnes and Noble Campbell University Bookstore. Only university approved graduation apparel will be permitted at the ceremonies.
The Graduation Fair at the University bookstore will be held on March 9 & 10 from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The website will be available for graduates to order regalia on March 9 and will remain available through April 29. The bookstore will have caps and gowns in-stock through graduation day.
Announcements, Rings and Diploma Frames
- The bookstore carries non-personalized graduation announcements and diploma frames.
- Diploma Frames can also be ordered through the bookstore website.
- For personalized announcements or class rings, contact Balfour at 1-866-225-3687 or order online.
The Graduation Fair at the University bookstore will be held on March 9 & 10 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Students will be notified if they have met the GPA requirements for graduating with honors. The GPA requirements for honors are as follows:
3.50 – Cum laude
3.70 – Magna cum laude
3.90 – Summa cum laude
The diploma that candidates receive as they cross the stage during the graduation ceremony is not the official diploma. Diplomas will be distributed in the Fred McCall Practice Gymnasium (where candidates line-up for the ceremony) immediately following the program. Please note the following:
- If you apply after March 6, 2015, we cannot promise that we will have a diploma for you on graduation day as your name had to be submitted in a subsequent diploma order.
- If you are receiving an academic honor: Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Summa Cum Laude, we will not have your diploma on graduation day as your diploma will have to be reordered with the appropriate honor printed upon it.
- If you have an outstanding account balance with the Business Office, your diploma and your transcripts will be placed on “hold” until your account issues have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Diplomas not picked up on graduation day, diplomas that need to be reordered, and diplomas that need to be released by the Business Office will be mailed to the candidate at the address provided on the Application for Graduation.
The 2015 commencement speaker will be Allen L. Dobson, MD. He is currently the President and Chief Executive Officer for Community Care of North Carolina.
Friday, May 8, 2015
All students arrive in McCall Court practice gymnasium with full regalia and doors open for guests (guests must enter at front of Convocation Center)
Graduates and Faculty ready to walk
Graduation Ceremony begins
Graduation Ceremony ends (approximately) Student Marshals will escort students back to McCall Court Practice gymnasium.
Pick-up diplomas/certificates/Bibles in McCall Court Practice gymnasium. Diplomas will be grouped alphabetically.
Senior Award Recipients: If you receive a senior award during the ceremony, you will need to pick up your award in the Exercise Science Room (of the Convocation Center) and have your photo taken in cap and gown.
- Do not bring personal items into the McCall Practice Gym. These doors will not be locked during the graduation program and the university is not responsible for any items lost or stolen during the program.
- Graduates must wear business professional attire to the ceremony.
- Graduate Attire: Must wear cap (tam if appropriate), gown, tassel and hood (if applicable). Hoods will be placed over the arm for processional with the hood representing the highest degree on top. You may keep these items.
- Decorating graduation caps is prohibited
- Guest Seating: Guest seating is on a first-come/first-serve basis. Graduation tickets will not be distributed.
- If you are an international student who needs assistance with paperwork for U.S. Visas for families visiting for graduation, please contact Allison Shell in International Admissions.
- Photography: The University will not allow guests in the aisle or the floor area near the stage for photographs due to safety concerns. Guests may walk around the top of each side of the concourse to take photos.
- A contracted photographer will be present and will take a photo of you once you have received your diploma/hood. The photography company will contact you following graduation about ordering these photos.
- Graduation class photos & DVDs – Individual class photos, DVDs of the graduation ceremony, and a reprinted watercolor of Maddox Hall will be available to purchase online.
- Watch graduation online - A live video of the commencement ceremony will be available. The online video will start on May 8 at 3 p.m.
Important Ceremony Information
- During the ceremony, students should go quickly to your chair and stand directly in front of your chair, making room for the person next to you.
- Undegraduate Students Only: Tassels: Please wear your tassel on the right side of your cap/tam. Once everyone in your class has received his/her diploma from Dr. Maddox, you will be instructed to turn your tassel to the left.
- Please remind guests the importance of proper decorum; be respectful of all graduates and their “special moment.” We will celebrate together once all degreed candidates have walked across the stage.
Photos & Alumni Association
- Individual photos - Purchase link will be available closer to graduation; graduates need to provide their name and school to order photo.
- Join the Alumni Association