Whitehead presented with honorary lifetime award
Posted on April 16, 2014 in Alumni, Community
Josiah R. Whitehead was installed as an honorary lifetime member of the Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences’ Alumni Association during the 13th Annual Alumni & Friends Golf Classic on April 11 in Buies Creek.
The honorary lifetime membership was designed to recognize individuals who did not attend Campbell University but have adopted the College as their own through uncommon and outstanding service, substantial and continuing commitment, and loyalty. The honorary membership is the highest honor a non-CPHS alumnus can receive from the Association.
“Joe has been a part of our story since before the first class entered the building,” said director of alumni relations, Leigh Foushee, PharmD. “I have greatly enjoyed getting to know him and working with him through his many years of service on the Alumni Association fundraising committee.”
Whitehead currently serves on the Dean’s Board of Advisors and on the Alumni Association’s fundraising committee. He and his wife, Ina, also make the trek to Buies Creek every spring to volunteer as beverage cart drivers at the Annual Alumni & Friends Golf Classic.
Upon receiving the recognition, Whitehead stated “I am deeply pleased and profoundly honored by this beautiful award. The Alumni Association has all of my thanks, admiration and commitment of continuing support.”
Whitehead joins eight other honorary lifetime members (listed by order of induction):
- Ronald Maddox, PharmD, dean and professor
- Betty Wallace, prior staff member
- Tom Holmes, PhD, director of pharmaceutical sciences programs
- Dan Teat, PharmD, prior faculty member
- Jack Watts, DSc, member, Campbell University Board of Trustees & Dean’s Board of Advisors
- James Junker, PhD, prior faculty member
- James Boyd, PharmD, MBA, associate professor of pharmacy practice
- Larry Swanson, PharmD, prior faculty member
Photo: Dr. Josiah & Mrs. Ina Whitehead