Scholarship luncheon connects donors with student recipients
Posted on February 20, 2012 in Students
The College’s annual scholarship luncheon brought together nearly 300 donors, students and family members on Saturday, Feb. 18, at Campbell University.
The event provided scholarship recipients the opportunity to meet, visit with and thank the generous donors who fund the College’s 71 scholarships. More than $200,000 was awarded to students through scholarships this year.
Four students in the College’s new Physician Assistant Program received first-time scholarships. Four other new scholarships were awarded to pharmacy students during the luncheon, including the 25th Anniversary Pharmacy Scholarship. This scholarship was created in celebration of the College’s milestone anniversary, and appropriately awarded for the first time during the institution’s silver anniversary year.
The College’s seven new scholarships awarded this year:
- 25th Anniversary Pharmacy Scholarship
- Cashion-Childress Pharmacy Scholarship
- Crow Family Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Lloyd S. Surles Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Marks Family Pharmacy Scholarship
- Ransdell Family Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Walgreens Diversity Scholarship
Photo: Donor Bobby Ransdell congratulates first-year physician assistant students Melissa Cook and Ashley Green for receiving the new Ransdell Family Physician Assistant Scholarship.