The Pharmacy Scholar Program is designed to reward high school students for their academic accomplishments. Simply stated, it guarantees admission into the doctor of pharmacy program at the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) for high school valedictorians, salutatorian and nominees from guidance counselors and principals who maintain high academic standards while enrolled in the Pre-Pharmacy Program at Campbell University.
Requirements for Qualification
The Pharmacy Scholar Program guarantees admission into the doctor of pharmacy program at CPHS to students who meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from an accredited high school in the United States as the valedictorian or salutatorian, or receive a nominee from a high school principal, guidance counselor or science teacher. (A nominee must have an un-weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher and be recommended by two of the following individuals from the student’s high school: principal, guidance counselor or science teacher.)
- High school transcripts will be reviewed to verify the applicant meets the qualifications stated above.
- The candidate must enroll as a Pre-Pharmacy student at Campbell University to complete the academic prerequisites to be admitted to the doctor of pharmacy program. (Please note: transfer students may not participate)
- The candidate will apply with the Pre-Pharmacy Office at Campbell University in the fall of his or her freshman year to be considered for the program.
The following must be maintained over the course of students’ undergraduate study:
- Pharmacy scholars must achieve and maintain at least a 3.6 cumulative science and math overall GPA on all undergraduate course work.
- The applicant must obtain a percentile score of 75 or greater in the biology, chemistry and overall composite portions of the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT).
- The student’s Pre-Pharmacy academic advisor must endorse the candidate’s application to the doctor of pharmacy program by submitting a letter to the CPHS Admissions Office upon application to the program.
- Candidates must successfully fulfill all requirements for admission to CPHS, including the interview.