Preceptors provide practical experience and training for students within their specific practice environment. Anyone interested in applying to become a preceptor should contact the Director of Experiential Education or Vice Chairman of Professional Education. Individual professionals are approved as preceptors by the Director of Experiential Education and/or Vice Chairman of Professional Education. All preceptors must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed and in good standing with their state licensure board. The individual's record should be free of violations resulting in state board sanctions. Where subject to state board licensure, the facility in which the individual practices should also be in good standing with the licensure board.
- Agrees to utilize clinical and scientific publications in clinical care decision making and evidence-based practice, where appropriate.
- Agrees to serve as a professional resource and a positive, ethical role model.
- Agrees to have an aptitude to facilitate learning of student pharmacists.
- Agrees to offer rotation experience in accordance with the outlined goals and objectives as specified by Campbell University's College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences.
- Agrees to focus rotation experience to help meet students’ needs and interests.
- Agrees to provide a complete and timely evaluation for students.
- Agrees to complete and maintain preceptor training requirements as recommended by CPHS.