The Experiential Programs Advisory Committee (EPAC) was formed in 2007 to ensure that the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences' experiential programs continually satisfy or surpass ACPE standards and guidelines, CAPE outcomes, and the College's strategic plan.
The committee meets quarterly to discuss issues of importance to the Office of Experiential Education, including faculty appointments of preceptors and quality assurance measures for experiential programs.
EPAC members represent the broad spectrum of practice area and geographic zones within our experiential programs, including hospital practice, community practice, ambulatory care, and geriatrics.
- Penny Shelton (Chair), Vice Chair of Experiential Education & Curriculum
- Paige Brown (Vice Chair), Assistant Director of Experiential Programs
- Lindsay Blackmon, Admissions Coordinator
- Angel Elliott, VA Medical Center
- Laura Gerstner, PA Program Clinical Coordinator
- Jeff Gross, Rex Hospital
- Charles Herring, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Amber McLendon, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Melanie Pound, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Ryan Swanson, Kerr Drug
- Brock Woodis, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Brad McNeil, 2015 student pharmacist
- Michele Simmons, 2013 student pharmacist
- Jonathon Walker, 2014 student pharmacist