PGA Golf Management
Interested in PGA Golf Management?
Join us for our PGA Golf Management Summer Experience from June 25-27 to learn more about Campbell, golf at our facilities, stay in a dorm and experience what it's like to be a student here. The cost is $350 and includes all housing, meals, golf and instruction.
Space is limited to the first 16 students, so be sure to sign up now to reserve your spot! Click here to register!
Letter from Program Director
Thank you for inquiring about the PGA Golf Management Program at Campbell University. The program is designed to prepare students for a variety of employment opportunities in the golf industry. This innovative four and one-half year program is one of only 19 sanctioned by the Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA).
The Campbell University PGA Golf Management Program certified graduate will receive a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in PGA Golf Management, 16 months of valuable co-op work experience, and PGA Golf Management 2.0 Program education through Level 3 testing. Graduates are immediately eligible for membership in the PGA of America.
For consideration of admissions, students must meet all the Campbell University regular admission requirements. Admission to the PGA Golf Management Program is granted through a competitive process to the most qualified applicants based on the quality of SAT or ACT scores, grade point average, golf playing proficiency, letters of recommendation, and campus visit. The program is designed for fall semester entry and first-year enrollment will be limited to fifty (50) qualified students. Due to the unique nature of the program, applicants are encouraged to visit campus and speak with a University Admissions Counselor and meet with PGA Golf Management faculty.
Our staff of PGA Professionals and faculty of the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business are excited about shaping golf’s future PGA Professionals. If you have any questions about Campbell University, the PGA Golf Management Program, or our outstanding golf facilities, please contact our PGA Golf Management Recruiter Matt Roberts at (800) 334-4111 ext. 4746 or email [email protected]. I look forward to speaking with you when you arrange your campus visit!
Kenneth Jones, PGA
Director, PGA Golf Management
See what we've been up to lately...
Why Study PGA Golf Management at Campbell University?
- Our innovative curriculum offers a valuable Business Administration (BBA) degree and vast practical work experience.
- Our golf classes expose our students to all PGA Golf Management course materials prior to on-campus PGA Seminars and Checkpoint Tests.
- Our 3/2 Program allows students to apply for admission to the Graduate Program in Business at the end of their junior year and earn a BBA and MBA in just five years.
- Our sincere, dedicated, and friendly faculty is committed to your success.
- Our university-owned 27-hole golf and practice facilities are second-to-none.
- Our student body represents diverse cultural, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds.
- Our distinctive dedication to quality liberal arts education is distinguished by the Christian mission of the University.
- Acquire a solid foundation of the theory, concepts and application of golf playing and golf management
- Learn how to solve problems analytically by considering information from a variety of sources, including the psychological motivations and hindrances that drive human behavior
- Become distinctively qualified in an array of jobs in the golf and other service industries
Internships and Jobs
Our students have held internships or jobs with dozens of golf organizations. The following is a selected sample:
- Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - a complex of four links and a par 3 golf course, located just north of the city of Bandon, Oregon, USA
- Turning Stone Resort and Casino - resort with a golf academy and a year-round golf training facility, located in Verona, New York
- TPC Sawgrass - birthplace of the TPC (Tournament Players Club) Network, and backdrop to the PGA TOUR headquarters, in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
- Muirfield Village Golf Club - located in Dublin, OH, USA, is a family-friendly, Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course.
- National Golf Links of America - prestigious links-style golf course in Southampton, New York, located on Long Island
- Scioto Country Club - a Donald Ross course; also where Jack Nicklaus honed his game
- Pinehurst Resort - a Donald Ross course, strong golf legacy in NC
- View map of internship locations held by Campbell PGA Golf Management students over the last year!
What Jobs are Available to PGA Golf Management Majors?
A PGA Golf Management degree prepares students for a variety of jobs requiring critical thinking and analysis, including:
- Head Golf Professional
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Director of Golf
- General Manager
- Director of Instruction
- Teaching Professional
- Rules Official
- Tournament Administrator
- Golf Coach
- Manufacturers Sales Representative
What Classes Do PGA Golf Management Majors Take?
In addition to the General Curriculum Core required by all Campbell University majors, PGA Golf Management majors take the following courses:
THE BUSINESS CORE
PGA GOLF MANAGEMENT MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
Click here to request more information about the PGA Golf Management Program at Campbell University.
Can a Student Minor in PGA Golf Management?
There is no PGA golf management minor due to the nature of the requirements by the PGA.