Opportunities & Resources
Students, both majors and non-majors are given opportunities to participate in actual theatre productions every semester. The size of our department ensures that students will have production opportunites every semester, unlike large universities where many students have limited opportunities. Opportunities include:
- Stage Management & Theatre Management
- Technical theatre
- Design Projects
- Directing Projects
The size of our Department allows students to gain develop valuable skills in all areas of theatrical production. Actors get mainstage experience. Technicians are actively involved with construction, lighting, sound, and sometimes design for mainstage productions. Enrollment in Theatre Practicum – required of all majors – amply provides the kind of hands-on experience in all areas that serves students well whatever their chosen career path.
What can I do with a degree in Theatre Arts?
The analytical skills and knowledge gained through the study of theatre may lead to an exciting career in a wide variety of professions. Here is a sample:
- Theatre – We prepare students for possible employment in acting, technical, and management positions.
- Christian Ministry/Missionary - Drama & Christian Ministry students are prepared for ministry careers or to serve in the mission-field.
- Education – We prepare students to continue in Grad school for college positions or for lateral entry into public schools. Our students have held positions as educators in private schools.
- Film – Students interested in acting can apply their skills to this industry.
- Retail Design- Technical students can apply their design skills to this industry.