The Department of Music has excellent facilities including:
- Scott Concert Hall with recent technological updates including video projection, digital audio and video recording, expandable sound reverberation drapes, Allen electronic organ, and two 9’ Steinway D grand pianos.
- Three classrooms devoted exclusively to music instruction outfitted with audio stereo equipment, video projection, and internet access.
- Choral rehearsal room outfitted with audio stereo equipment, video projection, digital audio and video recording, internet access, Wenger posture correct chairs, and Kawai grand piano.
- Instrumental rehearsal room outfitted with audio stereo equipment, video projection, digital audio and video recording, internet access, Wenger posture correct chairs, and full complement of percussion and support instruments.
- Media/Listening/study area for students.
- Choral library containing extensive literature.
- Instrumental library containing extensive literature.
- Electronic music lab including seven MIDI stations with computers loaded with Finale 2008, Cakewalk, Audio Pro Tools, and various other instructional programs.
- Twelve offices/teaching studios.
- Twenty-four practice rooms.
- Ten Kawai grand pianos, twenty-four Kawai studio upright pianos and six Boston studio upright pianos distributed throughout teaching studios and practice rooms.
- Full complement of Orff instrumentarium and music education instruments.
- Approximately 1,000 recently acquired listening CD’s representative of historical music literature.
- Four recently acquired Wenger grand concert performance raisers.
- Currently phasing out Kawai pianos and phasing in Steinway/Boston pianos through the “All Steinway” program.
- Internet wireless access throughout the Fine Arts Building.