The Department of Exercise Science is concerned with the development, instruction, and administration of programs of applied interdisciplinary knowledge and research focused on the development, improvement, maintenance and regeneration of the active human body.
Do you have a passion for sports and medicine? Are you interested in helping people lead healthier lifestyles and maintain lifetime wellness? Do you have an interest in sport management, body movement, exercise, rehabilitation, health and wellness, coaching and mentoring? Are you looking for a place where you can succeed in and out of the classroom and feel at home with your professors and classmates? Exercise Science at Campbell is right for you.
Why study Exercise Science?
- Get quality academic instruction in athletic training, exercise science, health and physical education, fitness and wellness, kinesiology, sport coaching and sport management;
- Prepare for a future in athletic training, exercise science, health and physical education, fitness and wellness, kinesiology, sport coaching and sport management at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Pursue a pre-professional track to prepare for medical school or to become a occupational therapist, a physical therapist, or a physician assistant;
- Learn to think critically and creatively;
- Participate in a community of learning that is committed to the pursuit, discovery, and dissemination of knowledge;
- Become a servant leader, with opportunities through clinical experiences, practicum, internships and involvement in professional organizations;
- Reach the greater community through research, professional service, continuing education, publications, presentations, and collaboration with other professionals and institutions within the broad field of exercise and sport science.