Campbell University Course Descriptions
You may view all of Campbell University’s course descriptions in our Undergraduate Course Catalog. (Note: Course Descriptions begin on page 98)
North Carolina Community College Course Equivalencies
The following link will provide a list of North Carolina Community College courses and the exact equivalent here at Campbell University.
Take a look at the academic outlines for each of our Majors, Degrees, and Programs here. These will provide you with an overview of the current major requirements for each undergraduate program offered at Campbell University. Use these outlines, along with the Undergraduate Course Catalog or the Equivalencies for the North Carolina Community College General Curriculum , to help select your current institution's most most pertinent courses for transfer. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Campbell University General College Curriculum (GCC)
All degrees offered at Campbell University require completion of the General College Curriculum. Though all majors require the GCC, each major may have different requirements when it comes to specific subject areas. The subject areas that will vary by major are Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, and Foreign Language. Be sure to view the academic outlines and the notes herein, to find the requirements for your intended major.
• English Composition: 6 semester hours (2 courses)
• English Literature: 6 semester hours (2 courses)
• Religion: 6 semester hours (2 courses)
• Fine Arts Appreciation: 3 semester hours (1 course in Art, Music, or Theatre Appreciation)
• Western Civilization: 6 semester hours (2 courses)
• PE: 3 semester hours (2 semester hours must be equivalent to PE 185)
• Mathematics: 4-6 semester hours (Calculus I can be replaced with two courses College Algebra and higher)
• Natural Sciences: 8 semester hours
• Social Sciences: 6 semester hours (2 courses in Criminal Justice, Economics, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion or Sociology may be used to complete this requirement)
• Foreign Language: 6-12 semester hours *
* Note: Students pursuing the BS or BSW degree must pass either our 201-level course in a specified Foreign Language or attain a satisfactory score on an examination approved in advance by the Chair of the Foreign Language Department. Students pursuing the BA degree must pass either our 202-level course in a specified Foreign Language or attain a satisfactory score on an examination approved in advance by the Chair of the Foreign Language Department. Students pursuing the BBA degree are required to complete two foreign language courses. This requirement may be met by presentation of two or more high school units (years) in the same language.
Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
Campbell University has partnered with the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA). This agreement addresses the transfer of credits in the core curriculum between institutions in the North Carolina Community College system for students who wish to transfer to Campbell University. North Carolina Community College students who have completed the 44 general core hours of the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree programs will be considered to have fulfilled the institution-wide, lower division of the Campbell University General College Curriculum.
Note: The Campbell University General College Curriculum requirements of Religion and Foreign Language will not be granted credit through the CAA, unless the equivalent courses were completed as part of the student’s community college curriculum. Additionally, students may be required to complete additional subject matter if they did not meet the major specific GCC requirements upon transfer.