Welcome to Campbell University and an exciting year ahead of us. Campbell University will offer you many opportunities to expand, explore, and excel in your personal as well as educational identity for the next year and beyond. We offer a special International Orientation on where you will be given the opportunity to get to know one another as well as have fun. We will address topics such as immigration rules and regulations, health care, student activities, and other issues that pertain to a life in Buies Creek, North Carolina. This Orientation is a required event for all new international students and it will also include an English placement test for undergraduate students.
International Student Departure Checklist
- Students must check in at the International Student Office within 48 hours once on campus.
- Please make travel arrangements to arrive on campus Saturday before registration will take place.
- Student Services offer transportation service from Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU); so, please make your reservations to this destination. If you do not desire to use our service there are taxis outside the baggage claim area and the fare is approximately $100 not including tip of about 10% to Campbell University. If you arrive by other means of transportation we can accommodate you from the following locations: Greyhound Bus Station in Raleigh and Amtrak station in Raleigh (train).
- To help us provide the best service we ask you to please inform the International Admissions of your date, time, and where you are coming from within the USA, 5 days in advance.
- Make sure that you have monetary issues resolved prior to your departure, for example bring money in either official bank check or traveler’s checks. Be prepared to pay at least one semester’s school fees on the day of registration.
- We would encourage you to open a bank account once you are situated here in the USA, as the banks often issue checks, check/debit cards or credit cards.
- There will be Wal-Mart shuttles for students available to purchase forgotten items.
- Clothing: the weather in North Carolina is hot and humid in August (about 30°C) and in the winter there might be some snow developing with temperatures below 0°C. Bring appropriate clothing for beach and winter weather.
- A suggestion from current international students is to bring some reminders of home, like photos, music, or decorations. These items are reassuring to have. If you have further questions on what to bring with you or other questions the International Admissions Office is happy to assist you: send an email.
- Family members who are accompanying you can make reservations at any of the local hotels in the area. Make sure that you mention that you are a Campbell student and you might receive a discount.
- Hotel List: Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Jameson Inn, Ramada Inn Airborne Museum.